OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Keep selected inbox view

I never work in the "all mail" view in Inbox, but mostly the "unread" or "flaged". Everytime I move "in and out" of the inbox, the view is reset and I have to select the view again. Please make sure the "setting" for the view is keept.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Conversation view - change in behavior

In conversation view, when there are multiple unread mails, when tried to view, it goes by default to the latest one. Earlier it used to go to the first unread mail in that conversation

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unread Emails Filter Button in Toolbar

I am loving the new look of Outlook for Mac. I think it's a long-overdue overhaul to the interface. The team has done a great job and I'm getting used to the new interface. One small ask for the development team...

Please add a button/option to the toolbar (along with reply, reply all, forward, forward as attachment... etc.) that will allow email to be filtered to Unread Emails only. That would be a huge help. I LOVE that feature in Outlook for iOS.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open in edit when you double click events

I suggest that you open all events, meetings bookings in edit (less clicks) mode when you x2 click it

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix quick creating new event in Calendar

When clicking button for 'New Event' upper left corner, all event features are available, and default settings from Preferences are followed. However if you double click on a time in the calendar to create a new event, the options are limited (unable to set status as 'Tentative', unable to set Reminder which is stuck at 15 minutes by default--not respecting the Preferences.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Events as check tasks

Calendar Events function optionally a tasks with completion check marks and/or Completion percentages.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create an option to duplicate calendar events

This has long been a feature of 3rd party apps like Fantastical and I don't understand why Outlook doesn't have it yet. It's such a no-brainer and so handy. Right-click an event | Duplicate.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filter Calendar by Category

My calendar is typically VERY full with overlapping things. I use categories to keep it all straight. PLEASE add the ability to view my calendar one category at a time (the checkboxes on the left-side under the calendar name). PLEASE!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow showing 2 months in My Day

Please consider making the number of months in My Day configurable so I can show 2 months at once.

Currently, My Day only shows one calendar month. This is annoying, especially during the last week of a month when you might want to check appointments for the following week. Having the option to see further in the future without switching to the calendar view would be helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow me to resize My Day to be narrower (meaning smaller/no margins)

My Day is useful but takes up too much space away from the reading pane and message list. Please allow me to resize My Day so that its left and right margins are tiny or non-existent. Currently the mandatory large margins take up about 4% of the total horizontal real estate of Outlook, and 22% of My Day. Instead of paying a 4% real estate tax on empty space, I'd prefer to make my reading pane 7%-10% wider which would mean less scrolling and improved productivity.

It's OK if the default margins are big like today, but if I opt…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix the focus / double click issue when opening emails

There is a bug that if you are not focused on Outlook, then double click an email you want to open, it opens the previously selected email. You then have to make sure you are focused in outlook, then double click the one you want.

Instead of doing that, it should focus the email you click, THEN open that email. It looks like the events are firing in the wrong order or something weird....

Try it for yourself. It's pretty irritating.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remember Outlook window position

Each time when I start Outlook it opens on the main screen with a random size window. Ideally, I would love to see it in the exact same location and size as it was before I quit it e.g. fullscreen on the second monitor.
    Thank you.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make new outlook experience available to non-365 users

Some of us use Office 2019 provided by our employers, but are not currently on Office 365. Would like to be able to test new features and provide feedback.. even with Fast Insider channel, the updates for the new experience are not available.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. With the reading pane on the right, allow additional columns in the message list

This was lacking in the original Outlook for mac, but still think it needs to be done. I like placing the reading pane on the right. With the message list, I'd like to see the option of adding additional columns to quickly sort by. This is one of the features I use so heavily that I still find myself using Windows-based Outlook on mac.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Attachments-permissions

Attachments, when saved to common user-facing folders (Downloads, Desktop, etc.), should have their permissions set to read and write (similar to current stable version of Outlook and most other email clients). Currently in "New" Outlook, when attachments are saved, saved, they have read-only permissions.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need more customization of column widths

Right now all the panes are quite large. Right now I pretty much have to use Outlook full screen if I want to get the folder list, message list, message body, and My Day all on the screen without having to do a ton of scrolling left and right on the message. Not sure if this should be fixed with the ability to change the font size in the folder list, auto-resize the calendar widget as we shrink the column size, a combination of those, something.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make delete confirmation from Junk folder optional

I would like to turn off confirmation when deleting from Junk folder. There does not seem to be a setting for it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Junk Email Reading Pane

Option to make it permanent. Why does it go away?
    It's a pain to have to enable this every time I want to look at junk messages. Should behave as the other folders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base