OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Option to remove "Top Results" from search....

So far hasn't done anything useful to my search results, and is just extra clutter

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unified inbox as default launching view

We know that the unified inbox is coming back but it's really important that we can set it as the default view when Outlook in launching.

This feature is really simple but very important. It was missing from the last Outlook on Mac.

Please. Add it.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for email aliases

Would be great to have account support for email aliases per provider.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement web's reading pane

Outlook for Web condenses the conversation nicely; expanding only the most recent message and giving a preview of the others. You can then expand each previous message separately if you need more context.

I LOVE the Outlook web app and want it as a native macOS app.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable the use cache exchange mode (

use cache exchange mode to download mails to an OST file.
    Currently user are downloading everything.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to remove email date groups in inbox

I keep a pretty clean inbox, and while I like the overall design of thew new Outlook's Inbox area a lot of screen space is wasted to these "This week", "Last week", etc" identifiers that are just not needed.

Please let me turn them off, like you could in old Outlook (via unchecking "Show in Groups" setting).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include archive, delete, and flag buttons in mail notifications

When the notification window is displayed for new incoming email, please include buttons to quickly archive, delete, or flag the new incoming email without having to go to the main outlook window. It would be nice to be able to quickly delete incoming email if we don't want to read it, right from the notification display.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add custom keyboard shortcuts

The ability to customise or use other keyboard shortcut schemes (e.g. Gmail) on the web app makes it 2x faster to process email. Please bring it to the desktop app!

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support of MAC standard keyboard shortcuts

On MacOS you've standardised keystrokes when moving the cursor or editing text. It's very inefficient and distracting, that Outlook is not following this standard.

One example:
    System wide you can use Ctrl-a to jump to the beginning of a line
    In Outlook it selects all text. -> Very problematic for people who can write fast.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create an option to duplicate calendar events

This has long been a feature of 3rd party apps like Fantastical and I don't understand why Outlook doesn't have it yet. It's such a no-brainer and so handy. Right-click an event | Duplicate.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. import/export to proper PST Format!!!

use PST like on windows so there is bettery interoperability and ability to create pst's when archival is necessary.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix quick creating new event in Calendar

When clicking button for 'New Event' upper left corner, all event features are available, and default settings from Preferences are followed. However if you double click on a time in the calendar to create a new event, the options are limited (unable to set status as 'Tentative', unable to set Reminder which is stuck at 15 minutes by default--not respecting the Preferences.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remember Outlook window position

Each time when I start Outlook it opens on the main screen with a random size window. Ideally, I would love to see it in the exact same location and size as it was before I quit it e.g. fullscreen on the second monitor.
    Thank you.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to use an alias on Gmail

Was previously able to use an alias on a Gmail account, no longer able to do that on the new Outlook. Love it but this was an important feature. Can you restore?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Folder pane forgets width setting

In the mail view the folders on left does not remember the width setting and needs constant resizing to see the folders

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Search Sent folder for "To:" addresses, not "From:"

When I'm searching sent mail, I NEVER need to search on the From: message, and am ALWAYS looking for a message I sent to someone. I'm sure there are exceptions to that for some people and accounts, but in general, that would be the intelligent field to be searching for when in the Sent folder.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow editing calendar invites without sending

In Outlook on Windows I can edit a calendar invite after receiving it or having the meeting, but cannot do this in Outlook on Mac.

I use my calendar to record my time as actually used. So two scenrios supported on Outlook for Windows are not in Outlook for Mac:
    1. I receive an invite, and the meeting went longer than scheduled. I would like to adjust the meeting at a later point to reflect the additional time, but cannot do that without sending a response to the person who created the invite. I do not want to do that,…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Conditional formattting support

Please provide conditional formatting support just like Windows version. Would like to mark incoming mails with colors based on categories/rules

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mail Clean Up

Add a Clean Up feature as the Windows version currently has to clear up any duplicate emails/unnecessary emails from conversation threads.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base