OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. S/MIME Support

We're eager to see the new Outlook for Mac client adopt S/MIME support!

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Working on it  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easy was to toggle Sidebar

There is no easy way to toggle the Sidebar, when extended/open, you need to go to the view menu but once collapsed/closed. there's a nice icon to extend it again.
    This icon should always be visible to the user.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color Coding email accounts

Like Spark Mail, or Canary Mail, the ability to color code email accounts. Would appear color coded in left nav bar and also with an indicator in email list.

Why? Makes it real easy to see what account an email came in to.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use trackpad to swipe between days/weeks/months

Please can you enable the ability to swipe through tech calendar in the same way that you can with the default Apple calendar

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need plugins immediately for Google meet, Zoom, WebEx, Bluejeans and RingCentral

Need plugins immediately for Google meet, Zoom, WebEx, Bluejeans and RingCentral

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put back the conversation icon/button

Please put back the conversation icon/button when reading emails. it is on the current published version of outlook, but not on the beta.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Voting buttons

Add support for voting buttons.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Online Archive Access in Outlook for Mac

There doesn't appear to be any access to the Online Archive area using the new Mail client. This will be a problem for me and my users that make use of this storage area.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sync limit

The new Outlook client seems to be limited to syncing six months of email. I can't find the sync limit anywhere. I keep switching between the two Outlook clients depending what I am searching for.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I suggest you add a button to create a task from an email

I suggest you add a button to create a task from an email body that is highlighted. When a text is highlighted you should be able to create a task quickly from there with being able to link back to the original email as a reference.Inviting people to a task would be a nice touch as well.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Serious bug in Outlook for Mac 16.39 (20060705)

After the installation of the new beta release, outlook gives an error regarding unsopported email accounts. These happen to be all IMAP accounts. Gmail and Office365 are working good. Just the IMAP accounts are deleted in the new version. So had toawitch back to the old version…. COncernc outlook for mac. release 16.39 (20060705)

Prior release functioned normal

This is the error message i get:

We're sorry, the following accounts and items aren't supported and won't be available here. Please switch back to the standard Outlook if you'd like to use these accounts.

This happens to be all IMAP accounts

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use of IMAP account

In the new version you can no longer manage IMAP accounts.
    Please enter this feature again!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. new Outlook extended to other accounts

It would be nice to be able to extend the possibility to activate the "new Outlook" also to account which are not Office 365, Outlook.com, or Google account - as for example the Exchange Onprem. is there a timeline?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. moving calendar items

I need the ability to drag appointments from one calendar to another and also from one week to another

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Send Availability

The "Send Availablity" feature is iOS is one of the most useful features I've ever used. I actually switch away from a desktop interface to the mobile version of Outlook just to use that feature. It is that great! It would be AWESOME if the Outlook for Mac team could bring that feature to the Mac Desktop client.

Encouragement... 🤛🏼

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. send delay to every message

In Outlook for Windows I can add a send delay to every message as a rule. I like doing this because it gives me an extra minute or more to change my mind about an email after clicking 'Send'.

The web version offers a 10-second delay, which is even better than nothing.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back the ability to sort and resize columns in mail for "New Outlook:

It would be good to bring back the ability to resize columns in "New Outlook" since I'd like to see more of the message title and less of the sender.
    It would also be good to be able to change the colum order, or move the delete/archive flag column back to the left. In the current order, I keep accidentally deleting messages, something I never did when that column was at the left.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Send and Archive button

It will be very useful to integrate a button that, while replying to a mail, send a message and archive all the thread.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Alias support

The web based outlook.com and the windows version of outlook 2019 and 365 both support alias support. Only the mac version does not support this. It would be very useful if such support was added.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base