OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help menu.

If you're using the Classic Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create an option to duplicate calendar events

This has long been a feature of 3rd party apps like Fantastical and I don't understand why Outlook doesn't have it yet. It's such a no-brainer and so handy. Right-click an event | Duplicate.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move the "Private" event toggle out from the Status drop down and into its own checkbox

Currently, if you want to change an events' status and mark it private, you have to go into the same status drop down twice. "Private" should be moved into its own dedicated checkbox or switch, like it used to be.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter Calendar by Category

My calendar is typically VERY full with overlapping things. I use categories to keep it all straight. PLEASE add the ability to view my calendar one category at a time (the checkboxes on the left-side under the calendar name). PLEASE!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show and browse declined events

It would be so convenient to allow visibility of or browse declined or old email invites.

As a user, it gives me the ability look back to what I had done previously. I can get access to related attachments, list of attendees, details in the meeting invite, and change my invite status if I become available.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a "Now" line to the Agenda View

When in the Mail view, the calendar Agenda View list doesn't give any indicator of what's coming up next. If you have 20 items in the day, opening the page or clicking the Today button scrolls to the top of the day instead of showing what time it is and what's coming up next. The Day View has the indicator, but that should be carried over to the Agenda view as well as bringing that line to the top of the list.

There is a preference to hide past items, but this line should appear when showing all agenda items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Task sidebar with drag&drop support to block time to work on task

A task side bar in the calendar view with drag&drop support to block time to work on a task, like you can do it on outlook.com.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Separate My Calendars from People's Calendars

Please separate My Calendars from People's Calendars just like in Outlook for Web.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My Day Pref - Show/Hide Location row

It would be nice if this view could be changed by the user. For example at the moment mine shows the event time, the duration, the event name and the location. The location shows the address which takes up 4 lines of type. While this is nice to have and is neatly laid out, my prference would be to toggle the location off with a nearby button or dropdown with toggle choices, to have some choice as to what is displayed here. The trade-off benefit is having more calendar events displayed.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base