OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. iCloud

Include support for iCloud Calendar.

328 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Working on it  ·  12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open/View Shared Calendars

Version 16.32 (19110600), cannot open shared calendars, for individuals or resources (e.g. conference rooms). Views are confirmed to be visible via O365-OWA.

273 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  21 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix ICS importing in "New Outlook"

I attempted to import an ICS file in New Outlook. I get a view of the calendar item, but no way to "save" it to my calendar. Also, if i "edit" the calendar item, I then get a "Save" button but saving the item doesn't actually reflect on the calendar in "New Outlook". Had to switch back to old outlook to see the item.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  16 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need plugins immediately for Google meet, Zoom, WebEx, Bluejeans and RingCentral

Need plugins immediately for Google meet, Zoom, WebEx, Bluejeans and RingCentral

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. moving calendar items

I need the ability to drag appointments from one calendar to another and also from one week to another

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for working hours in Calendar

Outlook on the Web and Windows reflects others working hours in the meeting scheduler. This is especially useful when working with people who are in different timezones. Outlook for Mac doesn't seem to support this. It only shows my own configured work schedule but not that of others.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make current day and time more apparent on calendar.

The little red partial ball next to the current time is not enough indicator for the current time/day. Really would like the current day and time to stand out better so it’s easier to read at a glance. Would like the column of the current day highlighted better and the current time highlighted better.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change Calendar Layout to Match Calendar Layout in Outlook for Windows

Change the calendar pane to appear on Mac in the same layout it does on Windows PC, where names are on the horizontal axis and times on the vertical.

The calendar organization on Windows shows each person’s calendar name on the y axis and the times on the x axis. I still see that information on my Outlook for Mac calendar but it’s organized in a much more confusing way, with times on the y axis and blocks of color for each person’s calendar on the x axis. Everything is squished together and it's very hard to tell whose schedule…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. changing a url in location (bug)

When I create a meeting I can add a URL as the location. If I'm editing a meeting and change the URL it will be removed when I try to save. I think this was possible before 16.36 (20032418).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow editing alarms in drop down menu

When in either calendar or list mode, you should be able to edit the alarm setting in the drop down menu. Currrently, you have to double click to open the calendar item, adjust the alarm setting in the pop-up box, and then close it. Three clicks where 1 would be much better

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Teams option for meetings

Currently it seems that only O365 customers can see a Teams toggle in Outlook for Mac while every customer on Windows can see that toggle.
    Please enable the option to use Teams for a meeting in the Outlook calendar for all customers (on-premise etc.) on Mac (tested with "New Outlook for Mac 16.39 insider build and Teams 1.3.00.9271).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. End meetings early (25m / 50m)

Add support to end appointments & meetings early (25m / 50m) so you have time to prepare for the next meeting. Already supported by Outlook for Windows: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/schedule-a-meeting-with-other-people-5c9877bc-ab91-4a7c-99fb-b0b68d7ea94f

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for Next 7 days like in Outlook for windows

An important option when organising your calendar - View Next 7 days helps move meetings forward.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cannot drag calendar event from one main window to another

Ideally, you need to be able to drag from one calendar to another, possibly by opening another main window with calendar view and then drag from one to the other. Works in Outlook for windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show the calendars of your Office colleagues

Show the calendars of your Office colleagues without forcing you to request to share dozens of calendars. And let people sort the order based on their priorities, rather than forcing default to alphabetical. These seem to me utterly basic functions required to work in an organization.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom event reminders

Please allow custom reminders like the Windows version. I like to set event reminders 4 weeks and 10 days out, for example.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let us import Google Calenders without account creation

My main email address is also used for a Google account, so I can't add that Google account (it always adds my mail account).

Therefore it would be great if I could import the calendar from that Google account, otherwise, the "My day" feature is pretty much useless (as it doesn't show all my events).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. calendar zoom

(add/bring back) The ability to zoom in / zoom out the calendar view.
    So you can see the full day schedule in 1 view.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to copy or drag and drop copy meeting time block to another time or day appears not be enabled in this new UI

Ability to copy or drag and drop copy meeting time block to another time or day

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let me set a default location - usually a meeting URL

Want to set the location to my zoom meeting URL because that is what I use all the time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories