OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve The new Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

1. Use native Apple Notifications on macOS

Please get rid of the pop ups notifications and switch to the native macOS style notifications.

839 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 288 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easy was to toggle Sidebar

There is no easy way to toggle the Sidebar, when extended/open, you need to go to the view menu but once collapsed/closed. there's a nice icon to extend it again.
    This icon should always be visible to the user.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. new Outlook extended to other accounts

It would be nice to be able to extend the possibility to activate the "new Outlook" also to account which are not Office 365, Outlook.com, or Google account - as for example the Exchange Onprem. is there a timeline?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Public folders Tool and view needs to come back

Literally can't even use the new Outlook now since we rely on this

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve the performance of the new Outlook for Mac

What the Microsoft team has done with the new Outlook for Mac is really good. However, while it is good I have noticed there are some performance areas that could be improved. They fall into two areas.

1) Window movement and resizing - When you move or resize a native Apple app such as Mail, Safari, or apps like Numbers and Pages the animation is very fluid and smooth. In the new Outlook it is much better than other Microsoft apps, however it is still jerky and not smooth. It would be good to really work on the smaller details…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rearrange Accounts

I would love to be able to arrange my email accounts, like have them in the order I want instead of the automatic ordering from AtoZ.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. support applescript

My auto archive scrip are failing or doing nothing when in new outlook mode.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add custom keyboard shortcuts

The ability to customise or use other keyboard shortcut schemes (e.g. Gmail) on the web app makes it 2x faster to process email. Please bring it to the desktop app!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Full OneNote Integration

I thought Addins (https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856-the-new-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/38972491-support-for-o365-add-ins) were going to do this, but I don't see an option in the customize toolbar for OneNote integration. I would like to be able to send both emails and meeting notes from outlook to Onenote like I can in both the iOS and the Outlook for Mac products!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow contextual default search context customization

Allow contextual default search context customization. From the inbox, I would like to search the entire mailbox. From other folders, I would like to search the current folder. This feature is available in Outlook for Windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the my day tab open smaller at the side of the page.

It used to take up a small part of the right-hand side of the display, however now whenever it opens it takes up half of my display, shrinking the tab in the middle for reading emails. I never felt the need to move it around before, but now i have to drag it around to a usable size every time i open outlook. I have a screenshot if the devs want to see what I mean.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support of MAC standard keyboard shortcuts

On MacOS you've standardised keystrokes when moving the cursor or editing text. It's very inefficient and distracting, that Outlook is not following this standard.

One example:
    System wide you can use Ctrl-a to jump to the beginning of a line
    In Outlook it selects all text. -> Very problematic for people who can write fast.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifications - time options

Put time limits on outlook iOS app notifications.

I want/need notifications during the day but not at all hours of day or night

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When deleting people from a meeting request or email - actually delete the one I selected

When replying all to an email or changing the meeting participants I simply want to select and delete people I want to reduce the thread or meeting to. Sometimes this works. Other times it just deletes the last one at the end...and undo doesn't get them back. Please make this reliable - that highlighting and clicking the one to delete isn't an unpredictable behavior decided by Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. get the display proportions correct

Font sizing and UI sizing is all over the place. Somone needs to spend some time on getting the look proportionally correct. Right sidebar is huge compared to the other UI elements.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client

New message, meeting should be in toolbar like in web client (these things should really be consistent).. it's much better to put all operation in the toolbar instead of randomly splitting this one off and segregating it by itself in the blue area... took me 5-10mins to find it 🙁

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to customize Contact Thumbnail Colours/Pictures

Have the ability to customize contact thumbnail colours along with adding contact pictures so they show up in the inbox

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. imap for gmail or categories enabled for gmail

imap for gmail or categories enabled for gmail

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve Usability by making it obvious which icon is a dropdown menu.

Improve usability by adding a dropdown arrow to the right of all of the icons that are dropdown menus. Currently I have to click on the icon and hope it's a dropdown menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook for Mac

Categories