OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

TEST2

1. Security - Activity Log Report

Is it possible that a log off or end of session time be included in the recent activity log of the security page on the outlook, Hotmail account. Currently the page only provides details of log in time and location, it does not detail the log out time. Furthermore, could a further tab be included in the log, enabling the user log out from a different location and device, in the event that a log out failed to process through, on the alternative device in question?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. calendar colour

Calendar colours do not match with the mobile app anymore as the non-beta version does, so the beta version assigns random colours to the calendars that are not in sync with the android app.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. junk mail box

Keep getting email from outlook about duplicate Junk Mail boxes. I have searched for hidden folders but its not there. When I delete the email, within a minute it keeps reappearing. Had similar issue years ago, but it finally went away. How do I get it to stop?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. email received in folder notification

If I have a rule for job interviews in a business folder, I would like to get notifications for emails that come into that folder. If it would be possible to create notifications for certain folders that would be great. Right now I have to scroll and check if emails came in a specific folder daily. Thank you!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I can’t access my outlook e-mail account whilst overseas due to security measures that Microsoft have in place. Why do you not have a sect

I can’t access my outlook e-mail account whilst overseas due to security measures that Microsoft have in place.

Why do you not have a section in my account somewhere where I can request that the account accepts log-ins from nominated locations/countries during a specific period that I also nominate. If this was the case, then I could add this info into my account in advance, then whilst I am overseas in those nominated countries during the time frame nominated there would be no access denial.

You could varify my actions for security purposes at the point when I make the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort Rules in alphabetical order

Please add a button to sort the rules in alphabetical order.
    I have many rules and this would really help me a lot (no more manual sorting).

When the user clicks this button a warning should be shown, that the rules are executed in the order they are shown, so sorting alphabetically changes the order the rules are executed.

I also have some (4 to 5) rules where the order is important.
    But here I can change the name of the rule so the position (and the execution order) is correct again.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve Junk Mail Filter

The junk mail filter should allow importing and exporting of blocked email addresses. So the list can be edited in a more user friendly tool such as excel.

It should handle duplicate email addresses in the list by simply ignoring that an email address has been blocked more than once.

The option to block top level domains and any part of the email address after the @ sign should also be possible.

Emails should also be allowed to be blocked simply by their subject where an email address does not need to be added this will stop the annoying span…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. spam notification

Quarantine/SPAM Notification Emails - Allow administrators to remove the "Release to Inbox" and "Report as not junk" links from the SPAM Notification Emails. We had a user that released a Phishing email to themselves and then clicked the phishing link. We want the users to request release from the admin and after it has been properly reviewed, the admin will release it to the user or notify the user it was not safe to release. As an alternate idea, maybe give the option to replace the current links with a link that would send an email request to an administrator…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Beta

Beta's one-size-fits-all with lengthy sentence descriptions attached involving each new or old feature is not only condescending to end users, but obstructs simplicity. Slightly adjusting functions or moving radio buttons periodically is unnecessary, time-consuming. Most users want to read Emails. Period. Let's restore that option without so much "bloat" attached to the task of reading an Email. Beta is not necessarily better. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. sincronized accounts doesn't work

I was trying to add a new account form my enterprise domain. But it is impossible to add it properly. Program stay buzzed and I can't push the button to add the new account

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Deleting Old Emails on hotmail

I want to choose a date range to delete old emails by the batch - not all emails by a given sender nor click on individual emails

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Awful, buggy, slow, and emails are self-deleting.

Awful, buggy, slow, and emails are self-deleting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change the default notification settings for people's birthdays

Currently when you add or change a person's birthday, it creates a new event in the birthday calendar with the default notification set to 18 hours. I propose that it is made into a customisable setting where I can set the default notification time or even disable it completely for new/edited contacts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to forward email with message headers

With the need to be more diligent about possible malicious emails, the new Outllook.com has made it harder to verify who an email is from and if the links will take you to where they appear to go. The ability to easily view the message headers has now been hidden and apparently you can't even view them if you use Mail or Outlook instead of the web interface. This is decremental to being able to identify a potentially malicious email.

Please allow message headers to be viewed by default on outlook.com and also in Mail and Outlook applications. There should…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. sort by category

Please consider the addition to sort inbox (or folders) by category. This would be a huge improvement for those that use category for organizing mail versus folder usage for filing.

I realize there are many workarounds with searching categories, etc. but a simple method to sort by category would be a major benefit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. spanish !!!!

use spanish !!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Beta

Why Can't I move mail from the inbox to the folders enabling Beta? Only from the junk mails. Please, make it available

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Problem with side reading pane

I didn't like seeing a separate reading pane with all the other emails on the side, so I changed the setting to 'hide reading pane.' This is much less confusing and I can now read a whole message without enlarging it or cutting and pasting it into a Word document to read it as I had to do sometimes. The reading pane just wasn't big enough for convenient reading. This fixed my problem.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Inbox rules option default should have "Stop processing more rules" UNCHECKED

This has been a VERY ANNOYING problem for me because I didn't realize this option was even included in the rules for a very long time. These kinds of options should ALWAYS BE UNCHECKED & left up to the user to decide whether or not to implement them. I have spent COUNTLESS HOURS trying to go back through an ENORMOUS amount of rules to UNCHECK this box. The first thing you need to do at this point is to provide a GLOBAL option to change ALL RULES to CHECK OR UNCHECK the stop processing option. This way, I wouldn't have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My accounts keep getting hacked

Someone keeps getting into my accounts and using Microsoft office 365 even for my grad school account with Walden University

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

TEST2

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base