OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

TEST2

1. I specifically have kept photos and contacts offline and you just put them on without my permission. You lost a customer right there.

DO NOT steal personal photos and contacts that are not in the outlook address book or otherwise. Because of todays environment, I have NEVER kept these online and am not on social media. I feel violated and that is why I am an Apple User and not Microsoft. Though I switched back, I should have been asked before you did that and you just lost a customer because you acted like a street thug thief. I was raised in a nation where privacy counted. In fact, my family have sacrificed their lives for that privacy and you just assumed because…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deleting emails

I don't like it when you select "delete" on top, it actually selects all the emails not just the first few on the screen like before. Then I have to go down the page and un-click the ones I want to keep.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Don't automatically open junk emails

If the reading pane is on and I go to the junk folder, it automatically opens and shows me the first junk email. This can be dangerous as well as show the spammers that there is indeed someone as this email (though a read receipt). Please make it so that, in the junk folder, even with reading pane enabled, you still have to click an email to open it. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. folders

Allow me to pick and choose how my folders nest. AND the ability to get rid of or hide the folders you now have as permanent default (like the clutter folder). I HATE that my Inbox for Connected accounts sits below the title. Want my inbox to be the title of the connected account. Everything is TOO BUSY

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. select all

Select All.... In the previous version, selecting all email at the top, only selected a viewable page to choose and then subsequently delete a swath of emails associated to ONLY that page. The Beta version selects ALL emails, making it harder to manage and effectively choose only the ones you want. Also Deselecting should ONLY change the state, not every other email --- both of these together, makes selecting a page of emails and only deselecting the one that you may want to view. Please bring back the old methodology.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. delete

When trying to delete most of the items in my inbox i would like to deselect the messages that i do not want deleted. Currently that does not work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. View the message in its entirety. Larger view please.

View the message in its entirety. Larger view pleease.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can't delete mail

I have restarted Safari, restarted mail and I am unable to toggle back into the old version (disable beta test) nor am I able to select and delete multiple emails and also unable to open > delete or use the trash icon to delete an individual email. All other functions appear to be working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I cannot move my input email to where I want to put it.

I cannot move my input email files to where I want to store it and I was able to do this with the older version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Selecting only visible Emails in batch; too difficult to scroll back in time

Old Outlook allowed tagging only visible Emails in current window, which was very useful for deleting batches of recent Emails... it appears that tagging multiple Emails at the header line in new Outlook will select ALL messages in the folder, which is clearly not desirable when wanting to delete selectively. Also, scrolling thru history is painful in the new Outlook ==> very difficult to browse and find a specific Email from months ago... requires pages and pages of scrolling (i.e. messages no longer one to a line). Also, I did not readily see a way to jump to a specific…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I need to see my reply mail (but system will hid them) , and I can read email in the new window when I used old system, but not on the beta

I need to see my reply mail (but this beta will hid them) , and I can read email in the new window when I used old system, but not on the beta

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Required to filter emails using date....

When serching and email. Date search option is more importatnt

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not a huge fan

I'm not a huge fan of many of the changes to the Beta program. After reading the issues some folks are having going back to the original outlook program, I don't believe I'll be trying the beta again, as I'm concerned about not being able to access the current version. Thanks for giving us a chance to make comments, but I'm really OK with the current version of Outlook. If I wanted to use a system more like gmail, I would just move to gmail. I don't need Outlook to try and replicate this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Looks nice but the option to open another (shared/group) account has disappeared, no use to me now.

Looks nice but the option to open another (shared/group) account has disappeared, no use to me now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drafts

I can't figure out how to edit and send a draft.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open multiple emails

I like being able to open multiple emails at the same time. Does the new beta allow this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move All Messages From to folder in batches or by groups

Move All Messages From to folder in batches or by groups

Outlook version July 2017 pre Beta version has a feature when selecting a single message however not by opening it, previewing it, or reading it but by selecting the message from the list of messages in the Inbox by left click on message to designate it with a Check Mark, next select Move then automatically in pre Beta Outlook the option appears offering choices like select Move all Messages From to a specific folder. This was a convenient and fast method for moving large groups of Unread Messages from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. too much like cell phone view

I don't want to always feel like I am on my phone which is why I check my email via pc, the panels are too small and you can't see much of a preview. I don't like all the clicking I have to do just to see my current emails and end up missing some because they are jammed into one space. I agree with the person who said focus on performance first. I am forever having problems getting emails to go through and with the stability of this service.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Not a fan.

I have this email system at work and I hate it!
    When I move items from one folder to another they just disappear about 1/2 of the time.

1. There's too much displayed on each entry. I prefer just the sender's name and the title of the email. It makes it much easier to scroll through and find what I'm looking for.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

TEST2

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base