OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

TEST2

1. Deleting Old Emails on hotmail

I want to choose a date range to delete old emails by the batch - not all emails by a given sender nor click on individual emails

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Beta

Why Can't I move mail from the inbox to the folders enabling Beta? Only from the junk mails. Please, make it available

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. pourquoi ne peut-on plus récupérer les messages effacés comme dans l'ancienne version ?

pouvez-vous traduire ces pages en français SVP .
    Pouvez-vous remettre la fonction de récupération des messages effacés car c'était bien pratique dans l'ancienne version

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Editing email address

Editing email address deletes the whole typed address, it's not possible to double-click and enter into edit mode, it deletes it and forces you to type from the first character of email address.

Kindly check and correct this.

Thanks for the good job though....outlook is the best mail client so far

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. where did Skype go?

Where did Skype go in the Outlook Beta?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Expressions

The user should be able to permanently disable "expressions." I use Hotmail mainly for professional work, and the expressions are not professional. It is highly annoying to have text such as "Thank you" be highlighted, and half the screen be used up by emojis and gifs that I will never use.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. sort by category

Please consider the addition to sort inbox (or folders) by category. This would be a huge improvement for those that use category for organizing mail versus folder usage for filing.

I realize there are many workarounds with searching categories, etc. but a simple method to sort by category would be a major benefit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Problem with side reading pane

I didn't like seeing a separate reading pane with all the other emails on the side, so I changed the setting to 'hide reading pane.' This is much less confusing and I can now read a whole message without enlarging it or cutting and pasting it into a Word document to read it as I had to do sometimes. The reading pane just wasn't big enough for convenient reading. This fixed my problem.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BLIND COPIES

BLIND COPIES: Why did you delete Blind Copies from Sent messages? How do I see the people I just sent that message to? More important, I was using BC's to forward new messages to, since last year you deleted all my Group Lists! Why do you insist on changing things, and making things worse? Why did I get Beta? I DON'T WANT IT - PLEASE GIVEME THE OLD VERSION BACK.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. text formatting

the options for formatting text (italics, highlighting, font size and color, etc.) are hard to find. You have to mouse around to get them up. Waste of time. Old way is better. If I wanted gmail, I would use it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. option to remove the “junk filter”

Some good emails are put into the junk folder automatically. It is better to have the "Remove Junk Email Filter" option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sort Rules in alphabetical order

Please add a button to sort the rules in alphabetical order.
    I have many rules and this would really help me a lot (no more manual sorting).

When the user clicks this button a warning should be shown, that the rules are executed in the order they are shown, so sorting alphabetically changes the order the rules are executed.

I also have some (4 to 5) rules where the order is important.
    But here I can change the name of the rule so the position (and the execution order) is correct again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Week Number in Calender

1.Week Number in Calender
    2.Change the default Week beginning day (It Shows Mon) Should be able to bein the week on Saunday

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. auto delete calendar invites

Provide functionality to enable/disable Auto-Deleting calendar invitations on MAC Outlook.
    Currently email meeting invitations are automatically deleted. Many of us do not want calendar invites deleted. We need the old calendar invites to see who was on the list, when it was sent, additional information that is tough to see on calendar, to forward to additional people or simply for our own records.
    Please provide enable/disable function, or if it already exists make it more apparent.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Calendar drag days

I will continue to use Google Calendar until Outlook allows me to click on a day and drag over several days.

For example, I have an event from Mon-Fri..... I want to simply click on Mon and then drag it through Friday instead of having to add the ending date manually

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Drag & Drop Mail Items to Calendar

In previous versions of Outlook you could click on an email and drag it to your calendar window pane on the right side of Outlook. If you dragged it to a particular date it would open an event that you could then populate any remaining details and save. This feature was done away with in the current version of Outlook but it is something that should be looked at being brought back or at least give an option to enable it to users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Separate email threads

Please make the email threads separate when forwarding to different recipients. It's very confusing when you are replying or forwarding to different emails, but they are all under the one email thread.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mark a sender as legitimate

Currently, when you choose to allow only selected senders or domains, everything else goes to the spam folder. Which is OK.

BUT, today, if a mail is not spam, we can mark it as not spam, but future e-mails will still be marked as spam, as the sender is still not allowed. We have to copy the address or the domain and go to the settings and add it in the list of allowed senders.

There should be an option when you open a spam mail, to add the sender to the authorized senders, so no further mail is redirected…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scheduled folder contains emails and I can't rename it or move the emails from there in bulk to another folder.

SCHEDULED FOLDER... somehow one of my regular folders got renamed to "Scheduled" and is now treated differently than all the other folders. I thought I'd deleted my regular folder, but I do see the emails in this new Scheduled folder. However, I can't rename Scheduled. I can't highlight all the emails in that folder and move them in bulk to another folder. I can do both of these tasks with my regular folders. I've had a very patient Microsoft support person working on this with me and it was suggested, finally, that I put this onto this site. If anyone…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

TEST2

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base