OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

TEST2

How can we improve Outlook.com?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Change Calendar Meeting Owner or Organizer

There should be a way to transfer the owner or organiser of a meeting in Outlook. If I set up a meeting up or - more commonly - a recurring meeting but then someone else takes on the running of it, there is no way I can transfer the ownership to another member of staff so they get updates on people's availability.

In our organisation the EAs often set up meetings from their Execs diaries (because they have the best visability of diaries and can move meetings). But they're not the ones owning the meetings. If you're an invitee (not…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New feedback

As a basic functionality, add a feature to see which email address the message was sent to. Right now, when I hover the mouse over the recipient/contact name, Outlook gives me all the Contact info, with ALL the person's email addresses, so it is not clear which address was used. This is BASIC stuff!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. recent folder

The recent folders list is suddenly so much shorter in this new version of outlook, so it takes way more time now to search for the right folder. Please make it as long as the classic version again

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. where did Skype go?

Where did Skype go in the Outlook Beta?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expressions

The user should be able to permanently disable "expressions." I use Hotmail mainly for professional work, and the expressions are not professional. It is highly annoying to have text such as "Thank you" be highlighted, and half the screen be used up by emojis and gifs that I will never use.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort Rules in alphabetical order

Please add a button to sort the rules in alphabetical order.
    I have many rules and this would really help me a lot (no more manual sorting).

When the user clicks this button a warning should be shown, that the rules are executed in the order they are shown, so sorting alphabetically changes the order the rules are executed.

I also have some (4 to 5) rules where the order is important.
    But here I can change the name of the rule so the position (and the execution order) is correct again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scheduled folder contains emails and I can't rename it or move the emails from there in bulk to another folder.

SCHEDULED FOLDER... somehow one of my regular folders got renamed to "Scheduled" and is now treated differently than all the other folders. I thought I'd deleted my regular folder, but I do see the emails in this new Scheduled folder. However, I can't rename Scheduled. I can't highlight all the emails in that folder and move them in bulk to another folder. I can do both of these tasks with my regular folders. I've had a very patient Microsoft support person working on this with me and it was suggested, finally, that I put this onto this site. If anyone…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add-ins have disappeared

It seems all references to add-ins have disappeared from the beta. Previously you could install add-ins from Settings > Manage add-ins and they would appear as a strip of icons at the top of an email.

Are add-ins gone for good or have they just not made it to the beta yet?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display plain text emails using a monospace font

Many plain text emails are formatted expecting the font to be monospace and when it is not, the email can be difficult to read.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Separate email threads

Please make the email threads separate when forwarding to different recipients. It's very confusing when you are replying or forwarding to different emails, but they are all under the one email thread.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. e mail replies

I have had to reply to an e mail,so I write the reply (that is very lengthy) and could not find the send command.So I click on the reply again and all it does is give me the option to write a reply again.How the **** do I send a reply.I don't like this at all and I'm switching back to the old way.Here's an Idea If it ain't broke,don't fix it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Re-arrange Folders (Not alphabatically) (Web-version)

Would like to be able to rearrange my folders not based on the alphabetical order in the web version.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. can't view message body

Am I missing something - if I select an item in the message list, the reading pane shows the heading (subject line) but the body won't load and I get a "Your message can't be displayed right now. Please check your internet connection and try again."

Internet connection seems to be working fine

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. labels

there are no labels to associate with the e-mail. The e-mail is moved to the archive and associated with a label so it is easier then to search for it. thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. moving emails from the draft folder to inbox or any other folder after moved to draft folder

You can't move any draft /not sent item that's not what I'm saying. In non beta version you can move emails to any folder including with draft folder. Also after moving that email to draft folder you can move that email to the original folder from the draft folder. In beta version this is not possible. This is convenient when writing email heavily depends on other emails and because switching between is easy. Please include this ability to new mail version.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. it's hard to read the entire email by beta version. three columns seem a little bit dizzy

It's hard to read the entire email by beta version. three columns seem a little bit dizzy. Not so good beta, hope improvement!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Week Number in Calender

1.Week Number in Calender
    2.Change the default Week beginning day (It Shows Mon) Should be able to bein the week on Saunday

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve Junk Mail Filter

The junk mail filter should allow importing and exporting of blocked email addresses. So the list can be edited in a more user friendly tool such as excel.

It should handle duplicate email addresses in the list by simply ignoring that an email address has been blocked more than once.

The option to block top level domains and any part of the email address after the @ sign should also be possible.

Emails should also be allowed to be blocked simply by their subject where an email address does not need to be added this will stop the annoying span…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reading emails - multiple messages in the trail

When you click on an email to read it, if there's an email trail the message goes to the bottom, which I don't think is that clear. I think the latest email in the trail should be what you see at the top rather than looking to the bottom of the page. Also, the reply button when you are in the email is really hidden. should be more prominent.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 221 222
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base