OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook.com?

only one of my alias emails are syncronising

I just want Outlook.com and Outlook in Office 365 with Windows 10 to work.
Lets forget the pretty stuff and get the engine working the way it should. I have set up my connected accounts properly and nominated the primary Alias as xxxx@outlook.com. I have two other alias accounts, one is an active sync account (Which is synchronising ok) and the other is a @gmail.com account......WHICH IS NOT SYNCRONISING.... "Connected Accounts" says that both subordinate aliases are updating with a status date about 5 days ago. PLEASE FIX UP THE IMPORTANT STUFF AND WORRY ABOUT THE PRETTY STUFF LATER

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Glann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Glann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I finally nutted this out myself. You have to forward all your email from your native email accounts ( eg. Gmail, active sync, keeping a copy there, to your primary @outlook.com account.

DO NOT..... Set up authenticated native email accounts in your Windows 10 Office 365 Outlook.... Just set up your @outlook account ONLY.

Then set up a rule in Outlook.com web mail (Beta is OK) to direct your received (forwarded) emails from your native email accounts into your custom created folders of your choice.

MICROSOFT..... You are not clear in your documentation or help files as to how to properly set up @outlook.com across all devices . Please accept this as very constructive critism. Also you do not seem to have Microsoft mediators actively responding to good posts , such as mine here.

Feedback and Knowledge Base