OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook.com?

Inbox is easily deleted and emails aren't recoverable!

My inbox disappeared about 2 weeks ago and I couldn't figure out why. I found 10+ years of emails in the deleted folders and after emailing with support I quickly discovered there is NO WAY to recover them. I have tried going to the Beta version that is useless. It freezes up when I try to highlight all of the emails so I can hit some mysterious Recovery button. I barely get through a month of 2018 emails before it freezes. It also doesn't allow (in any version) me to drag and drop. When I click the Recover Deleted Emails from this folder (I have 8500+) it takes me to an empty folder. This is frustrating! First off there should NOT be a DELETE capability on the inbox. Second, it's too close to the Junk Mail box allowing me to accidentally click the wrong folder and delete all of my emails. I have spent 2 weeks manually moving 5 emails at a time (in the regular version because Beta doesn't even give the option to move), only to have it happen again days after I successfully moved the last email. I am ******. I need an administrator to help me move all of my emails back NOW! I have been a hotmail user since 1998 and it's unacceptable that I don't have more control over my inbox in ways that actually matter!

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aria Broxton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)