OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook.com?

Change Calendar Meeting Owner or Organizer

There should be a way to transfer the owner or organiser of a meeting in Outlook. If I set up a meeting up or - more commonly - a recurring meeting but then someone else takes on the running of it, there is no way I can transfer the ownership to another member of staff so they get updates on people's availability.

In our organisation the EAs often set up meetings from their Execs diaries (because they have the best visability of diaries and can move meetings). But they're not the ones owning the meetings. If you're an invitee (not the owner) you have no visability of declined invitations or added attendees. Sometimes this results in the person running the meeting not being aware that a key attendee has cancelled until it's too late.

Also is someone leaves an organisation who has set up a series of meetings you have to cancel and re-book them all. It would be much better to be able to transfer it.

Instead I would like something that allows the existing organiser of a meeting to transfer ownership to another attendee (which they would have to accept). They could then administer the event as if they were the person who set it up.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Claire shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kellie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many forums on the internet ranting about this problem, I really hope that Microsoft resolve this!

Feedback and Knowledge Base