OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook.com?

attachments and blobs of colour

Tried the beta this am, no good. No change this pm.
Please listen to me, I am an expert in image-text semiotics and this advice is worth millions of dollars: forget asking users for their thousands of opinions on the beta, just ask a microsoft employee with a proper job how they think this works.
When I have 4 or 5 mails with attachments then that is all I see when I click to outlook to see what's going on.
And one of my employers The University of Birmingham is variously represented by a T or TB in a random colour blob taking up space.
We understand that you need to cater for kids, but the kids will have jobs one day and there is a vital need for stripped down basic functionality in these things.
Gone are the days when one app fits all. In reality , in the real dotcom days, it would take about 4 teams of 4 gals/guys about a week to come up with an interface that is customisable across all needs. Generating a sense of hope and improved efficiency rather than this sense of impending doom looming over us as vast teams of geeks unqualified in anything like we are try to fudge a copy of a google concept that is almost a decade old.
We need a VITAL rethink in this. Take the hit on the chin, lose the millions it's cost thus far to produce this dross and go to the CEO, fess up, and spend the next millions on providing multiple interfaces for users of lower and higher level intelligence.
It's your call, but this beta is like Ford putting out a car and saying 'Oh yeah, we were gonna put the wheels on and the engine in later, and the gear shift is in the pipeline, and we've already got engineers looking at how to make glass that fits the holes we've cut for the windows'.
Thanks.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

simon drury shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google