OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve agenda mail on Outlook.com?

I found this reminder to be very intrusive. I don't use the calendar and yet you somehow know that I have a credit card bill due. Stop it

I did not subscribe for this reminder service and I sure didn't give anyone permission to track my credit card and yet I get a reminder to make a payment including the amount and the CC number. I don't know how you got access to this information, but it a minimum it is intrusive, at most illegal. I want you to stop snooping in my personal accounts. If I get more of these types of "helpful" reminders that include my personal information I will seek legal assistance

56 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No one is snooping your info...the program is set up to flag and inform and remind the user of events that have a date. All this info comes from the emails you receive. So if you order flight tickets online and received an email from them then OUTLOOK just reminds you about it...or maybe you added it to your calendar. Also if you get emails about your credit card due by a certain date and how much your payment is then OUTLOOK the program is set up to remind you about the date your bill is due. THERE IS NOT A PERSON reading your emails or your information or your credit card numbers...ALL THIS IS GENERATED FROM EMAILS YOU RECEIVE!!! See ANDREW I comment on how to stop OUTLOOK from doing this. It is just a program setting.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the fact that when I open my email and the first thing I see is my flight reminder to be extremely intrusive and I do NOT like it one bit! I even went into the settings and selected "Stop tracking" or something similar and I still get these reminders.......STOP snooping into my life, it's not anybody's business, certainly not yours!!

• Andrew I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you all not realize that this can be easily turned off? From the Outlook Web App, go to Settings -> Calendar -> Events from email. Now stop arguing about the various things you are gonna do to Microsoft and actually look for an option to turn it off.

Completely agree with all the comments. The first time I received a reminder of my events of the day I thought :How the **** does Outlook/Google know what I'm doing?!" I do not use the calendar and find this to be not only intrusive, dangerous, but unlawful!

• PRIVACY REQUEST commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREE WITH ALL COMMENTS: NOT ONLY INTRUSIVE BUT DANGEROUS FOR US WITH ALL THE SECURITY BREACHES (SONY, EQUIFAX, MARRIOT HOTELS, ET AL)
    MICROSOFT HAS TO GET WISE! PLEASE WRITE MICROSOFT TELL THEM SIFTING SORTING & PUBLISHING OUR LIVES & DATA IS UNNECESSARY, NOT NEEDED OR WANTED & GIVE US OPTION TO TURN OFF, OPT OUT OF CALENDAR & OTHER DATA SIFTING TECHNIQUES THANK YOU :)

• Marc Silverglade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

INTRUSIVENESS....I'LL CHANGE E-MAIL SERVICE IF CONTINUES.

With all that is happening with Facebook, what imbecile came up with this idea?

• jnvogelaar@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Furthermore: I notice your sneeky little comment on "unsubscribe" You said I'm no longer going to receive reminders. You don't say that you'll stop monitoring, though. This is so very, very wrong, and what's worse is that you know it.

• jnvogelaar@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also completely agree: This is invasive and intrusive. You have absolutely no need or right to be tracking my business. Even if it's in the small print on page 500 of the agreement, you have no moral authority whatsoever for this behavior. Shame on you! You're no better than Yahoo! or Google.

• Leilani CadeliniaMattos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please STOP adding to my calendar the credit card due date! I pay my credit cards in advance then it's on my calendar on the due date which forces me to do a double check. It's a
    waste of time!!!

• Ann Kessler Betts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am perfectly capable of paying my bills without being reminded! I find the reminders annoying especially when the bill has already been paid. I didn't ask you to remind me. I am sure this isn't legal. As someone else asked previously, where and how are you getting this information? I am angry that my privacy is being violated? I want you to cease and desist meddling in my personal business.

Ditto to other comments. Intrusive! But it does show your hand.
    DID ANYONE NOTICE? So Microsoft is actually
    1. reading our email to the extent that they can determining which ones are bills.
    3. Making a database note of the bill due date,
    4, Sends a friendly automated reminder about the bill instead of telling us they ARE READING OUR DARN EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I did't miss 2. Its in the same place Microsoft is holding the rest of the info they are now admitting to stealing.

• Rosemary Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found this reminder to be very intrusive. I do not approve of your probing in my personal account information! This must stop or I will seek legal action! I did not request or subscribe to and do not need your "calendar". I want it stopped/discontinued!! I am only "agreeing" to your Terms now, to get this posted for others to see!

I agree. You have no right to read my emails and put things on the calendar. You are worse than Google Do it again and this account is history and my next computer will be a Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base