OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve agenda mail on Outlook.com?

I found this reminder to be very intrusive. I don't use the calendar and yet you somehow know that I have a credit card bill due. Stop it

I did not subscribe for this reminder service and I sure didn't give anyone permission to track my credit card and yet I get a reminder to make a payment including the amount and the CC number. I don't know how you got access to this information, but it a minimum it is intrusive, at most illegal. I want you to stop snooping in my personal accounts. If I get more of these types of "helpful" reminders that include my personal information I will seek legal assistance

27 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leilani CadeliniaMattos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please STOP adding to my calendar the credit card due date! I pay my credit cards in advance then it's on my calendar on the due date which forces me to do a double check. It's a
        waste of time!!!

• Ann Kessler Betts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am perfectly capable of paying my bills without being reminded! I find the reminders annoying especially when the bill has already been paid. I didn't ask you to remind me. I am sure this isn't legal. As someone else asked previously, where and how are you getting this information? I am angry that my privacy is being violated? I want you to cease and desist meddling in my personal business.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto to other comments. Intrusive! But it does show your hand.
        DID ANYONE NOTICE? So Microsoft is actually
        1. reading our email to the extent that they can determining which ones are bills.
        3. Making a database note of the bill due date,
        4, Sends a friendly automated reminder about the bill instead of telling us they ARE READING OUR DARN EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I did't miss 2. Its in the same place Microsoft is holding the rest of the info they are now admitting to stealing.

• Rosemary Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found this reminder to be very intrusive. I do not approve of your probing in my personal account information! This must stop or I will seek legal action! I did not request or subscribe to and do not need your "calendar". I want it stopped/discontinued!! I am only "agreeing" to your Terms now, to get this posted for others to see!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. You have no right to read my emails and put things on the calendar. You are worse than Google Do it again and this account is history and my next computer will be a Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base