OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com on the mobile web

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Not junk: email going to junk folder when it shouldn't

Every time I get an email from work it goes straight to my junk mail folder. No matter how many times I move them to my inbox it’s not changing. This never used to happen, how do I change it?

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

46 comments  ·  Contacts and recipients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't permanently delete deleted folders, they keep showing up

I want to be able to permantly delete folders. They keep showing up

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dark theme needed

Also applies to the mobile Outlook app. The default black-on-white look is a bit blinding, especially when viewed late in the evening.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Reading email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users the option to use the desktop version from their phone

Please add an option to view a desktop version from my smartphone. I don’t have a laptop or desktop anymore & have to go to the library to use the desktop version for me to delete folders since there’s also no way to delete folders in my profile using my phone any longer.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working on it  ·  14 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Safe sender

Make it easier to add senders to the safe sender list, it's taken me ages to find this feature in the full desktop version and I'd appreciate it in the mobile version as I'm forever having to fish thinks out of my junk mail. Thanks.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Contacts and recipients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. From email address when sending email

When composing an email in outlook.com beta the "from" field isn't visible. Therefore it is not possible to send an email from an alias or other sub outlook.com email address. It is possible to do this in the standard/non beta version. Please add to beta.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  27 comments  ·  Writing email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Beta version Good / Great / Awesome

I Just wanted to thank for the update. It got cleaner, more organized and so more easy to use. I liked it so much.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Enterprise features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Put settings somewhere we can find them. Looking for POP, IMAP, and EAS settings.

Put settings somewhere we can find them. Looking for POP, IMAP, and EAS settings.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. If you are looking to modify the email access settings for another account that you have synced with your Outlook account, you cannot do this from the mobile web. You can do this from the desktop web by following these steps.
    1. Click the gear icon to launch the Quick Settings panel.
    2. Click “View all Outlook settings”.
    3. Under the Mail tab, go to “Sync email”.
    4. Under the “Manage your connected accounts” section, click the pencil icon to edit the email access settings of the connected account.

Let us know if you were trying to do something else.

10. 52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Message actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. My junk mail folder disappeared. Help!

I can't find my junk mail folder. It was there yesterday. I check it daily because sometimes important emails accidentally go there.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the issues you have been facing. Our team is working on this and we have a few follow up questions that will help us.

Is the junk folder not visible only when you access outlook on the mobile browser? Or is it not visible from the desktop as well?

Is the junk folder not visible only in certain browsers?

12. Inbox buggy and deleted emails buggy

I keep deleting emails and no matter HOW many times I try and empty the trash folder they just keep coming back.
    My inbox is never correct as well - emails I actually need disappear and then show up again later on! (And no - these were not included in the ones I deleted!)
    This new update is far too buggy you REALLY need to fix it.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Message actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Inability to print with mobile version prevents me from using this email more. Gmail printing works well from mobile.

Need ability to send message to printer in mobile version like is done with Gmail.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Message actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notification when new mail in subfolder

It should be a basic feature that any new mail sorted into a subfolder should trigger a notification. It has been years.... why hasn't this been done?

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I'm sick of being hacked. Fix it now.

I don't want to jump through a million hoops every time I sign in just because you allow hackers to send spam from my account.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Contacts and recipients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sweep

Hi,

Am I really the only one missing that sweep functionality? It's hard to find on mobile anyway, but very, very, useful while cleaning up all those newsletters etcetera.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Message actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. This sucks!

What is happening? This operating system sucks. Please! My emails keep disappearing and then reappear unread? I can’t work properly with this system

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It is impossible to change password, bullying system!

Changing your password is impossible due to your privacy safeguards if you do not remember a previous password that you did not need to use while logged in. However, I would like to know my password and that is why I tried to change it. Although I think I answered all the questions correctly (I checked from my post) correctly, there will be a message that the information is not enough !!! This is shelling, no privacy!

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Contacts and recipients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ads appears on paid account

Ads should not appear on a paid office account. One should be able to block it. Occupies way too much space, and they are not welcome on my paid office outlook service

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reading email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Delete Contacts

A way to delete contacts would be nice!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Contacts and recipients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base