OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Outlook.com mobile webpage beta?

Don’t even send blocked content to the junk folder

I must say I find the spam filter very ineffective. The way it is set (and I didn't find a way to change it), only emails from senders in my approved list go to my inbox. This means I have to constantly check the junk folder to see if I didn’t get something from a sender I haven't approved yet. So far so good. The problem is that the junk folder is also filled with emails from senders I already blocked!

When I block a sender, I don't even want to see their emails on the junk folder. It is aggravating and it undermines my experience using the service to have to go scan the junk folder for genuine emails and have to find the same emails that I have been trying to block!

If I block a sender, do not even send their email to the junk folder. I blocked them because I don’t want to see their email ever.

44 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thales Carvalho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rosalinda king commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I check junk mail daily in case something should not be there. Then I delete the rest. This keeps the list small and manageable

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I block a sender, do not even send their email to the junk folder. I blocked them because I don’t want to see their email ever.

Feedback and Knowledge Base