OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Outlook.com mobile webpage beta?

From email address when sending email

When composing an email in outlook.com beta the "from" field isn't visible. Therefore it is not possible to send an email from an alias or other sub outlook.com email address. It is possible to do this in the standard/non beta version. Please add to beta.

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The beta version doesn’t seem to have a From option in the compose window. I have some disposable or alias email addresses and the old version shows the From box so I can select the appropriate email address. In the beta version, I can’t work out how to choose the sender, and it’s not auto selecting the matching one on an email reply.

• Tatia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This an important feature, and, juggling between personal and public relations email adresses, I won't use the new version as long as it is not implemented. Thank you for speeding it up ! Great work otherwise, keep improving.👍

• StarDolphin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it easier to change name that appears when I send an email. Microsoft account name and is easily changed, but it does not translate to my email account and I can't find a way to sync them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no "from" field and no option to use my alias in outlook.com mobile web beta! Please add them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base