OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Outlook.com mobile webpage beta?

Email verification process doesn't work. Won't send verification code to number provided.

I want to verify my account but I am not receiving the verification code. Have tried every possible combination of the pre fix for the number to be sent to. Why can't I verify through another email account like previously allowed?

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Whiteknight the nigger the nigger fright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Figure something out please I have no other than to go with their I's options like Google I been buying your **** for years I live close enuff to Microsoft in wash I can throw a rock to it and look how you do me that's not a white characteristic by any means I can believe you do not have alternitive way to do this and the future is all headed to voip are you guys not looking down the road the future I no for a fact a lot of people is ******** about this and how you guys are whith this phone ******** can you help me I hate Google but they 3options so you guys must not even be in the same boat as them but obviously you guys are not I no it will really hurt bill losing me like he gives a **** believe me if I see him I'm going to chew his out

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep getting emails to verify my account but when I log in there’s not a way for me to verify my account. I can’t send or receive email and this is an issue

• Nonya Bizness commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The security obstacles make using outlook or hotmail accounts an absolute NIGHTMARE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND for business or pleasure. Waaaaaay too many code verifications. I just did 4, FOUR to login. Utter Ridiculous

• Chris Wrigley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having a problem verifying my device as I have no SIM / mobile number, using WIFI only. When trying to access emails via browser I'm unable to proceed beyond the verify page without a mobile number which I don't have. Would it be possible to have the choice to verify by email PIN, which was available for my Microsoft account after setting up an emergency email account ?

• tanping commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My account is bound to a new phone number.
    After a one-month limit,
    New phone number verification is still required How to modify the login method into a mailbox login

• Melville A Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I constantly get Email verification notices. I get no code for use, why do I receive these notices on a daily basis. Please inform, thanks.

Why must I validate with a phone number? Are you discriminating someone cant afford a phone?

You keep harassing us while in the middle of sending an email to get our phone numbers every now and then. You have no respect for our time and privacy. We lost files because you did not send them or saved them in our drafts instead you harassed us asking for our phone number only after sending few emails.

• Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Llevó dos semanas esperando el código de verificación para recuperar una de mí cuenta de hotmail. Deberían de mejorar el servicio. Gracias

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I set up an account for my Son however it doesn't seem to send any message for verification purposes. Quite frustrating.

• Karel Reznicek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You want to sent a message to confirm my new email but i dont have cellphone. Does it mean i may not get new email ? It is discrematory ! I am old, do not need cell....

Feedback and Knowledge Base