OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Outlook.com mobile webpage beta?

Make outlook more secure it is showing a lot of spams

Make outlook more secure and encrypted. i am still receiving phishing spams now too. Make outlook more secure

60 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Reidar Storebø commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the past few months, I have received an incredible number of emails regarding money and bitcoin purchases. This is extremely annoying. Consider switching to another email provider if you can't stop these spam.

• Mingwei Li commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost every single email that ended up in the spam folder is NOT A SPAM AT ALL. Please fix this Microsoft. Now I have to constantly check my spam folder in case I miss some important emails

• D. Wayne Stiles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allow es to block unwanted junk senders on our mobile i-devices as easily as we can on the mac-laptops

• Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get so much .eu spam I can't stand it. Cant block it due to dynamically changing domains. Need ability to block ULDs in rules. It's 2019 for Pete's sake!

• alberto carreón commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hagan una app para outlook para tableta andoids e incluyan acceso a la carpeta de spam porque luego llegan a ahí correos que no lo son.

• Frédéric Hinault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The title says it all, I’m looking for a job and many if not all received email are falling in the spam folder (app, desktop, mobile page wheter it’s the beta or not).
    This makes me think that’s a server side issue.

There’s no feature to manage email adresses whitelisting or blacklisting.
    So there is no way to change anything about this.

I have seen that you marked a similar user request as DoD, but while moving legit mails received in spam box yoûre not adressing the real issue : the real issue is that your automatic email blacklisting is way too sensitive. All emails are being sent to the spam folder.
    And there is no way to change the whitelisting or blacklisting.

That’s the same issue than the other person closed ticket yet you did not adress the root cause : the white or black list or email adresses and email adresses domain.
    Nor did you solve the issue by looking at server side spam filter sensitivity.

If this cannot be solved, I will simply switch my main email account to gmail because hotmail simply became unmanageable.

• L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others have said, spam filter needs improvement. 1-2 spams per day are ending up in my inbox (even though many more are going into the spam filter).

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work on Spam filtering service. We are bombarded with spam and we have to choise to stop receiving these.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the spam filter: the amount of spam getting trough sent to since around April 1st is so much I'm about to delete my account.

• Ookrinoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why they isn't the same action as in Hotmail basics. Declare spam add the sender at a blocking list... (Sorry for my English). That's a big part missing for the treatment of mail.

• Vasilios Dukas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amount of junk mail that gets into my inbox instead of directly into the junk folder is now immeasurable. I spend hours sending it back... It's really shameful, I have been using this account daily since 1996...

Here's the idea:

Do what Gmail does, junk into junk and email that I have repeatedly marked as not junk, still gets into junk folder... They never miss.

• Dan Notc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

put all the functionality for junk , moving and filtering that you have in outlook application (PC), in the browser version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatically sort primary emails and promotional emails into separate folders. Also, NO notifications for promotional emails

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A dialogue box for new mail that only downloads sender ID and subject heading in safe mode (or a copy of these headings) that a user can choose to mark as spam and delete from the server without the actual down ever being downloaded to the user's device.

• youngs1972 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m almost give up this account
    When the spam got your mail account
    You have no way to get rid of them
    Put them on spam list or regular to stop
    Nothing happened!!!
    They still sent to me 3-5 junk mail everyday
    Drives me nuts!!!
    Can you do anything for me???
    Or I have to leave ?

• xiamara_64@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I receive about 10 spam emails a day. I mark them as junk and they still filter through. It's obvious Microsoft don't care about spam. What happened to the 'mark as spam filter' It's time consuming marking as junk and deleting only for them to reappear again in a few hours or the next day.
    Going to stop using Outlook- ****

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base