OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Outlook.com mobile webpage beta?

Desktop site

Please, please, please, please, please, allow me to get the desktop site in my smartphone when select "View desktop site" in my browser menu. Why bother adding "View desktop site" in the browser menu if I'm going to be forced to view the mobile site.

At first, I thought it was the browser, but it doesn't matter which browser I use, I still get mobile site. Then, I thought it was my smartphone that wouldn't accept desktop sites, but i get desktop sites in many, many other websites.

So, the only thing I could think of is that the problem lies within your Outlook.com or live.com website.

There are features in the desktop site that are not available in the mobile site. Being able to block email domains is one of them (the main one, actually). Being able to select what to do with a selected email from the reading pane is another.

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wilson Torres, Jr. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • fran6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Permettre l'affichage de la version pour ordinateur dans le navigateur du téléphone ou de la tablette.

L'affichage de la version mobile est vraiment très contrariante et je ne désire absolument pas utiliser la version android d'outlook qui n'est pas forcément plus reposante.
    Je consulte toujours mes emails dans un navigateur web tel que Chrome. Ce navigateur, comme beaucoup d'autres, permet de forcer l'affichage de la page en version ordinateur (bien plus sympathique que l'affichage mobile) mais votre site contre-attaque et ne permet plus du tout aucun des affichages lorsque je demande la version ordinateur. C'est alors que pour apercevoir le contenu de ma boîte, il me faut décocher "voir la version pour ordinateur" et c'est vraiment, mais alors vraiment très contrariant.
    Merci de faire un petit quelque chose,

Fran6

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tend to leave the bowser set to desktop because the sites that do not allow to this tend to have a bad interface and/or reduced functionality on their mobile site.
    This would also reduce the need to mirror all desktop functionality to the mobile web interface.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is essential that the calendar be available on both the desktop and mobile devices. The last up date deleted this function

• Wilson Torres, Jr. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my PC, I could et the reading pane on the right with the list of emails on the left.

When I click, view desktop site on my browser menu on my mobile, I still get the mobile site. It doesn't matter. I can toggle back and forth and it's the same exact view.

Why am I being forced to view Outlook on my mobile in mobile view? Because it's a better view? Why don't you let "ME' decide what is best for "ME"?

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the preview pane open while I can look at list of emails to the side AT THE SAME TIME like it was.

Feedback and Knowledge Base