OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Outlook.com mobile webpage beta?

I am not able to delete unwanted emails (re-appearing)

I am not able to delete unwanted emails

138 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anne James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My emails are doing the same but have only just started it's been fine for a while

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too! I keep deleting emails only for them to reappear in my inbox, marked as unread. Very frustrating.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It takes FOREVER to delete email!!! Make so I can delete all email at once!!!

I am the 90th person to vote regarding deleting unwanted e-mails, but I want to add that I too keep getting e-mails, which I have deleted put back in my In-box and or Deleted Box.
    About a week ago, I suddenly found that I cannot see the list of contacts without entering the initial twice, then only when I delete the second initial, can I view my contacts.
    This is not a problem on the Webpage Mail, but IS a headache on my Outlook Mail, which is much easier for me to use....

Harry Wilcox
    roymarilynwilco@outlook.com

• Joseph Krestan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fire the people that created this new version. My email is hard to delete, the messaging center with my emails takes up half of my screen, the editing platform is written by a programmer. Also every time I want to read an email I have to open my browser window.

I am getting the same e-mail twice a lot. Also, a lot of Ads are now
    on my e-mail. Why do we have to now right click to see what is in some of our e-mails. The ads are worse in order to get it off I have to completely get out of my e-mails and start all over again to read my emails. It is very annoying.

• A.john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s getting ridiculous now I can’t delete mails. I’m gonna close the account if I can’t get it to work

I spent all day on a desktop version going through old emails and deleting them. I synced my desktop outlook to sync the update to the cloud and then went to my phone and synced it and then watched as all those emails that I spent all day going through and deleting bounced back into my desktop Outlook. I wanted to cry.

Every time I delete an email it comes right back. I have deleted some more than 20 times.

• Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should be able to delete ALL my emails without any issues. There should be a delete all from your trash so you don’t have to select each one. There shouldn’t be emails that can’t be deleted. I have emails in my inbox that aren’t even mine that are stuck there and won’t go away. Also when I use hotmail on my iPad I delete a bunch of emails and they all come back. Frustrating as heck when you have to hand delete 2000 junk emails and then they all reappear when next time you log in. I literally deleted them all 6 times. ?

• Val commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to delete unwanted emails in my inbox. It doesn't matter if I attempt to delete them using the swipe method, as select all, or if I open messege and delete from there. Once I refresh all messeges are back. My inbox has messege in from Sept, the LAST TIME I contacted help to fix this problem.

Reading comments it has been going on for alot longer than a few months, FIX THE PROBLEM!!! If you don't care about your users, then stop offering services.

• Betty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I delete emails?! The ones I mark for deletion never show up in the Trash after I press the Delete button!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base