OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Outlook.com mobile webpage beta?

I am not able to delete unwanted emails (re-appearing)

I am not able to delete unwanted emails

82 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • A.john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s getting ridiculous now I can’t delete mails. I’m gonna close the account if I can’t get it to work

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent all day on a desktop version going through old emails and deleting them. I synced my desktop outlook to sync the update to the cloud and then went to my phone and synced it and then watched as all those emails that I spent all day going through and deleting bounced back into my desktop Outlook. I wanted to cry.

Every time I delete an email it comes right back. I have deleted some more than 20 times.

• Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should be able to delete ALL my emails without any issues. There should be a delete all from your trash so you don’t have to select each one. There shouldn’t be emails that can’t be deleted. I have emails in my inbox that aren’t even mine that are stuck there and won’t go away. Also when I use hotmail on my iPad I delete a bunch of emails and they all come back. Frustrating as heck when you have to hand delete 2000 junk emails and then they all reappear when next time you log in. I literally deleted them all 6 times. ?

• Val commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to delete unwanted emails in my inbox. It doesn't matter if I attempt to delete them using the swipe method, as select all, or if I open messege and delete from there. Once I refresh all messeges are back. My inbox has messege in from Sept, the LAST TIME I contacted help to fix this problem.

Reading comments it has been going on for alot longer than a few months, FIX THE PROBLEM!!! If you don't care about your users, then stop offering services.

• Betty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I delete emails?! The ones I mark for deletion never show up in the Trash after I press the Delete button!

I can't delete emails from my inbox. They come back up from the delete box back to my inbox?

No me deja borrar mensajes los elimino y no desaparece

I can not delete messages
        It does not let me erase messages I eliminate them and it does not disappear

• AdminOutlook.com Moderator (Admin, Outlook.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We need more details to understand what's going on. Are you unable to delete a specific email item? Or do you want all emails from a specific sender to be marked as junk?

Addressing some of the other comments on this thread:
        You can delete an email without opening it by swiping left on the email (unless you have changed the default swipe action). You can also long press an email and then select multiple emails and delete them together.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base