OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Outlook.com mobile webpage beta?

How to block a contact

How to Block a Contact?

97 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

xrtcz0418@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry that you haven’t been able to block certain contacts. We are considering bringing this ability to outlook on the mobile browser. However in the meantime you can do this from outlook.com on a desktop or a laptop. Follow the steps mentioned here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/how-do-i-block-the-email-of-someone-harassing-me/d2d4a775-b8c8-4c38-bcc6-404a940030e8.

39 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please for the love of goodness, add a “block option” to your system! I get unsolicited junk mail and it does no good to report it!!!

• Samantha Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Putting an option in outlook mail that let's me block people that harass , hurt and control me.

• Bill Penoyar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Sweep and Block and Block remedies provided by Outlook/Hotmail/MSN do not work, and have never worked. I continue to receive spam mail for lending, and a variety of other nuisance e-mail that I've blocked, or swept and blocked multiple times. I am very tired of wasting time each day clearing out these unwanted e-mail, that continue to be sent. What is MSN doing about this ongoing problem?

• Rushdi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been Inconvenienced from some people I have to block them but the is no block list

And I should mention some of them are trying to hack my mail
    Please help me by any means possible.

• Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs a today that yoh can drag contacts you would like blocked.as there is "junk", "inbox", "sent" needs a SIMPLE one you can "move" Or rally drag to

Be able to block sender form the mobile app.
    (If you CAN do this, I haven't been able to find it.)

• Bill Penoyar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I am forced to review, block, delete, mark as junk or phishing scams every day, and mark them as such for disposal and further action by MSN, these same annoying and time wasting e-mail are sent to my e-address constantly. What more can I do? What is MSN Outlook doing to remedy this very troublesome problem. I am reaching a point where I may change my e-mail to g-mail, and start over again with informing only my friends of this new address. My preference is to stay with hotmail. But unless Outlook can resolve this problem, I'm leaving.

• PitBull Power commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Man sollte eine Option einfügen so das man bestimmte e-mail Addressen blockieren kann

• Not Happy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fantasmas.club uses a different email for each piece of junk mail, sometimes 5 or 6 per day! Please make these people stop sending me their garbage before I have to delete my account!

Build in a button to block unwanted e-mail senders like spam mails.

• Rodimiro Mendoza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about making it ******* easy to block my ex from sending me 1 email every ******* 5 minutes.... one click done... ******* christ it is 2019 and I dont have a PhD in computer science...

• Drifter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add block feature, this is getting out of hand!!

Continue to receive spam same subject different made up senders

Does anyone know how to block a email address please? I feel like I’m going to have a nervous breakdown because this person will not leave me alone. Do I have to completely delete my account for me to delete this one email address? I feel depressed and really unhappy I can’t get this email address blocked and not sending me emails.

• Smith Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We desperately need to be able to block email addresses because often “unsubscribe” doesn’t work.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base