OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Outlook.com mobile webpage beta?

How to delete everything in junk folder - Empty Folder Button

Is there a button to delete everything from the junk file all at once? I cant find it.

60 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cheryl Abbott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

an "empty folder" button for bulk deleting messages in spam and trash folders at a minimum.

you cant checkmark select 563 messages to PERMANANTLY delete unwanted messages.
        Why are we prevented from bulk delete
        WE ARE NOT CHILDREN.

Greetings, yes of course, your description to emptying all spam messages always. Regards.

If only there was an empty spam button so you don't have to swipe left to delete each and every spam message.

OK I how worked it out, just put your finger on the date at the end and it will come up with select all.
        I was swiping and holding and it wouldn’t work.

• KeLa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep this new version is horrid for deleting emails all at once. It seems I have to open Every single email to delete on this change. I really LOVE the slide & swipe where I could do hundreds of emails that I was not going to open & delete all at once Without opening any of them. Please bring back multi delete or someone teach me how to do it it seems I've been looking all over for it & some how ended up here trying to figure out how to multi delete without opening every single email just to delete. I'm using a Samsung galaxy 7. Thank you very much.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No puedo emcontrar el boton para eliminar todos los mensages a la vez

• douglas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

malti select only selecting whats showing on my phone screen..so like can only delete 5 at a time? when theres 200-500 junk emails?? aint got all day!!! cant delete folders as cant right click mouse as on phone net, i sldnt have to dig out my laptop to clean my (all)emails n folders

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried several times to select a larger number and then delete. If you hold the message, a bullet appears beside the messages. Select all is an option at the top. When I delete, all the messages remain. Still have 600+ in my inbox. I can select 10 or 15 and delete works. My preference is to select all, scan through and unselect what I want to keep and delete all remaining.

I even tried moving the to the deleted folder.

• Giselle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm unable to delete all messages from the Trash folder using the "select all" function, it chooses all of the messages then just unselects them all when I press delete and doesn't delete any of them. Is there a limit as to how many messages can be selected? (I had 1844 messages selected)

Feedback and Knowledge Base