OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Outlook.com mobile webpage beta?

How to delete everything in junk and deleted items folder - Empty Folder Button

Is there a button to delete everything from the junk file all at once? I cant find it.

97 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cheryl Abbott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your feedback. Today you can empty any folder by following these steps.
1. Long press an email to activate multi select mode.
2. Tap the “Select All” option on the top right.
3. Tap the trash icon on the bottom right to delete all the selected email.

We are planning to also make it easier to empty a folder by providing an empty folder option. Let us know if that would help.

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To save time and frustration, it would be great and much easier to be able to clear junk mail after checking, with one swipe.

• Shannon McClurg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

better way to search for an email on iPhone, etc. a repeated problem. and a way to dump a whole folder of junk or stuff on such devices. it won't let me know my Ipad or phone currently.
    and why do my 2 accounts look different, both on my PC and my mobile devices?

• ani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now I can only delete emails in Spam one email at a time. Previously, I could check multiple emails to delete.

• JB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to empty trash folder all at once needed. Now you must do one at a time. Not feasible on a mobile device Thanks !!!

• Joshua Sweg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a button to delet all so I don’t have to select each email in my trash secretly so I can delete them with one push of a button

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the beta after some tweaks will work I receive 1000's of junk mail a week it's good just to clear it completely

It's not quite as quick the old one but it's far better makes it look more formal

• MELENNEC Nathalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pourquoi les messages supprimés restent-ils archivés ? Ce serait mieux de les supprimer complètement après un délai court 48h par exemple

why are deleted messages archived? It would be better to delete them completely after a short delay 48h for example

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since long pressing a single message will only let you delete 4 messages at once, we need the option to simply empty an entire category (inbox, junk mail etc) all at once otherwise it's way too time consuming.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

an "empty folder" button for bulk deleting messages in spam and trash folders at a minimum.

you cant checkmark select 563 messages to PERMANANTLY delete unwanted messages.
    Why are we prevented from bulk delete
    WE ARE NOT CHILDREN.

Greetings, yes of course, your description to emptying all spam messages always. Regards.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about giving us the option to block ads?

If only there was an empty spam button so you don't have to swipe left to delete each and every spam message.

OK I how worked it out, just put your finger on the date at the end and it will come up with select all.
    I was swiping and holding and it wouldn’t work.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base