OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com Mobile Webpage Beta

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Junk mail

I have experienced a wild increase in junk mail in my inbox, and the stuff I have marked as not junk still goes to junk. I think I’ll be leaving my 16 year old hotmail account soon

389 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

141 comments  ·  Message list  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are very sorry for the increase in spam messages that you received over the last few days. We’ve made some fixes and the spam filters should be working normally now. We’re also in the process of cleaning up your inbox of all the spam you’ve already received. Apologies again, for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your continued patronage.

If you feel you’re still getting a lot of spam mail, vote here: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/910579/suggestions/39515050

2. 203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  Reading email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. icon for blocking SPAM-JUNK MAIL FROM OUTLOOK MAIL

I NEED TO BLOCK SPAM JUNK EMAIL HOW CAN I DO THIS IS THERE AN ICON SOMEWHERE I HAVE OUTLOOK E-MAIL MAKE IT SIMPLER TO USE

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Contacts and recipients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Steps to mark mail as junk/spam.

In the message list:
    1. Press and hold an email to launch the action bar at the bottom.
    2. Tap the junk icon on the extreme right.

In an open mail
    1. Tap the overflow ‘…’ icon in the mail header.
    2. Tap “mark as junk”.

Let us know if this doesn’t work for you.

4. I need help in opting out of the beta outlook. I try to find the toggle, but could not I am an older lady. Could you opt out for me please?

I need to opt out of your beta outlook. I am an older lady 78 years old and I am not technology proficient. I cannot opt out. Could you opt out for me please

I am afraid that if I am in this beta program that I will lose the ability to email to my children. Please opt out for me

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Writing email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We assure you that you will be able to continue using our services with the beta. Let us know if there is something that you don’t like about the new Outlook.

To turn off the new Outlook, simply tap the 3 horizontal lines on the top left of the screen, and turn off the toggle that says “Outlook beta”. Visit this page https://support.office.com/en-us/article/learn-about-the-outlook-com-beta-for-your-phone-s-browser-0dcfd8a4-49ad-466b-80e7-b8fff142fefa to see a screenshot.

Let us know if this helps.

5. Select multiple items and mark as phishing. I would prefer if junk folder was junk, and not scams - they should go to trash.

Mark Multiple items as phishing. Outlook you need to be better at getting rid of scams - they are junk - the are scams!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. To mark multiple mails as junk, follow these steps.

1. Long press an email or tap on the avatar of the sender in the message list to enter multi select mode.
    2. Select one or more mail.
    3. Tap the junk icon on the bottom right to junk all the mails without opening them. This icon has a circle with a cross inside it.

Let us know if this did not work for you. If you are facing issues with a lot of spam in general, then please vote here: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/910579-outlook-com-mobile-webpage-beta/suggestions/39515050-spam-filter

6. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Message list  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It is a chore to make emails spam/phishing.

Please make it easier to mark emails as spam/phishing. Right now we have to open the email, then click “this is spam/phishing” option, then submit. There should be a select all option, and the. We can go through and uncheck ones that aren’t, or trash the ones that aren’t, then select all and mark as spam/phishing.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Message actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your feedback. We have now made it possible to select multiple emails in the message list and mark them as junk using the quick action bar at the bottom. This will also allow you to mark an email as junk without having to open it.

Follow these steps to achieve the above.
    1. Long press an email that you want to junk.
    2. Select one or more emails that you also want to junk. You can also select the “Select All” option to quickly select all the emails.
    3. Tap the junk icon on the quick action bar on the bottom right.

In case you don’t see the junk icon on the quick action bar, try reducing the number of emails in the selection.

Let us know if you have any feedback around this.

8. How do I change the personal info and password of my email account?

How to change personal info on Outlook email from android? There are no options to in the email Settings but when setting up the account the option was there to fill it out. Brand new account.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. You can now view your account and change your password from within outlook.com on the mobile browser. To do this follow these steps.

1. From the Inbox, tap the 3 horizontal lines to open the folder pane on the left.
    2. Tap the Settings gear icon.
    3. Tap the “Account” option.
    4. Tap “View account” to view your Microsoft account which allows you to view and edit information like your name, birthday, location, profile picture, phone number etc.
    5. Tap “Change password” to change the password for your email account.

Let us know if this helps you.

9. Issue with replying or mailing to a specific domainname

I used the new beta version from Outlook.com. Issue: When I want to reply a mail that's end's with a .jobs he says that the mail doesn't exist. Received from different sender's and the same issue. I roll back to previous version from Outlook and the reply work's again.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Writing email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Writing email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Outlook beta is a new modern, faster and more responsive experience of outlook.com on a mobile browser. To turn it on or off, you can open the folder pane where you will find a toggle. You can switch it on or off as many times as you like. We would love to get your feedback about the new experience as it helps us make our products better.

Please read this article to know more about Outlook beta https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Learn-about-the-Outlook-com-beta-for-your-phone-s-browser-0DCFD8A4-49AD-466B-80E7-B8FFF142FEFA.

Let us know if this answers your question.

11. Do not expand subfolders, make the + only way to expand. I have 2oo + sub folders, not fun to scroll thru them, get with it MS.

Do not expand sub folders, if you have 250 subfolders, takes way long to move emails or find them.
    Use the + to expand them only. My old live mail was great until you took it all away, your program is no longer any good.

Go back to the windowd live mail format. I cannot use outlook. I have 50 main folders with 250 subfolders. Try and scroll thru them with outlook, it sucks. I use Thunderbird, wish I had that on my smartphone.

When are you going to fix outlook where you can actually use it as a file…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Update credentials for connected Email accounts

I have received several emails requesting that I update the credentials for my connected gmail account. I have reset the password, removed and re-added it...nothing seems to work, and the help keeps sending me in circles. There must be a more streamlined way we could do this, while maintaining security and privacy concerns.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to us. To fix this issue you will need to get onto a desktop or laptop and do the following steps.

1. Go to outlook.com and sign in to your account.
    2. Click the settings icon on the header.
    3. Click “View all Outlook settings”.
    4. Under “Mail settings”, choose “Sync email”.
    5. Under the “Manage your connected accounts section”, look for the account that is causing the issue.
    6. Remove and add the account again.

13. Quick actions: add a "Move to folder..." option

A "Move to folder..." option on Quick actions would make it easy easier to organize my emails on the fly, and therefore avoid the multiple steps needed to move an email.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Message list  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your feedback. Follow these steps to quickly move one or more emails to a folder.
    1. Long press an email to enter multi select mode.
    2. Select more emails if needed.
    3. Tap the move to folder option on the quick action bar at the bottom.
    4. Choose the destination folder.

You can also undo the move if you have accidentally moved emails to the wrong folder.

14. Would like all my folders from my outlook desktop to be on my mobile outlook

Would like all my folders from Outlook desktop to appear in outlook mobile.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How to delete everything in junk and deleted items folder - Empty Folder Button

Is there a button to delete everything from the junk file all at once? I cant find it.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for being patient. We have now added an “Empty folder” button in the Deleted Items and Junk Email folders so you can delete all your trash with one click. Note that this action might take a while if you have a lot of items in the folder. Let us know if you have any feedback.

17. How do I open an email?

Ever since the redesign the outlook website for mobile has been **** to use. How tf do I open an email? It's been only screen mashing that's done it so far. Am I supposed to double tap or push and hold or what?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How to mark multipler emails on beta version?

Option to mark multiple emails in order to delete etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Message actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Favorite section does not include folders from additional accounts.

I have a second email account linked to my Outlook account. I have both Inbox folders as the first and second entries in the Favorite section of the desktop and app versions. The second Inbox does not display in the Beta version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Message actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base