OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com on the mobile web

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 791 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

414 comments  ·  Message list  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We hear your concerns. Our goal is to provide you with a great Outlook experience that works for you. For this, we would appreciate your answers to a couple of questions:
    • What challenges are you facing with the new experience?
    • What do you think would help improve this new experience?
    Your answers will help us improve the new version.

If you’re facing issues with deleted emails reappearing in your inbox, then vote here: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/910579-outlook-com-on-the-mobile-web/suggestions/34587427-i-am-not-able-to-delete-unwanted-emails-re-appear

We have also added a setting to remove the avatar from the message list so you can use that turn it off.

2. Spam/junk email showing up in Inbox

Why can’t you have a more efficient spam filter? When I get 10 emails saying the same dumb **** which is obviously spam, can’t I just block certain words? Or better yet, can’t you block emails even coming through to my spam folder/inbox which are obviously spam? I don’t need them, and I’m probably not alone...

387 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New format does not work

The new format does not work, my inbox says 22 messages when I open inbox there are only 3. At some random point they come up and half of them I've already deleted. I don't trust that I'm getting all my emails. I would love the old setup back please.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Reading email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Help - inbox emails automatically deleted and not in trash either

Help - inbox was automatically deleted - and trash only goes back a few weeks

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We have a few questions to understand what’s going wrong.

1. Is the entire inbox empty or are only a few mails missing?
    2. Is this an intermittent issue? Are the mails sometimes visible and sometimes not?
    3. Are you trying to look for the mails through the search icon or are you scrolling to the date to search for the mail?

Do write back to us with your answers. We thank you for the continued patronage.

We’ve fixed a related bug on iOS 10.3. If you’re on this version of iOS, do let us know if you’re still not able to see your mail.

5. I have no way of getting back into my two outlook and hotmail accounts. I tried recovery forms which don’t work?

I am locked out of my own accounts I depend on to Pay bills, professional network and manage my life. You now have locked me out of two accounts and the recovery forms always come back saying I havent provided enough info for your system to recover my account. Well why can’t I send a passport, driving licence, proof of address. This is so wrong and I just want back into my own account.

The accounts are for paulreecescott@outlook.com and pauls ott16@hotmail.com

Please somebody help me.

347 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reading email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix broken inbox

Since last update when you delete from inbox those emails just keep coming back, repeatedly, and when you delete them they don't show up in deleted posts. Soon I will have 100s of unwanted emails clogging up my inbox. Help!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Message actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it easier to get in contact with someone about a problem

I’ve lost all my emails from my inbox and I am finding it really hard to contact someone. Virtual assistant is hopeless and emails sent to support are just coming back. Getting very frustrated have lost so many important emails. Really want someone to contact me or make it easier to contact support. 🤬🤬

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't permanently delete deleted folders, they keep showing up

I want to be able to permantly delete folders. They keep showing up

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Im not getting any of my emails

Im not getting any of my emails

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Message list  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Inbox buggy and deleted emails buggy

I keep deleting emails and no matter HOW many times I try and empty the trash folder they just keep coming back.
    My inbox is never correct as well - emails I actually need disappear and then show up again later on! (And no - these were not included in the ones I deleted!)
    This new update is far too buggy you REALLY need to fix it.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Message actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow users the option to use the desktop version from their phone

Please add an option to view a desktop version from my smartphone. I don’t have a laptop or desktop anymore & have to go to the library to use the desktop version for me to delete folders since there’s also no way to delete folders in my profile using my phone any longer.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working on it  ·  7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. This sucks!

What is happening? This operating system sucks. Please! My emails keep disappearing and then reappear unread? I can’t work properly with this system

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It is impossible to change password, bullying system!

Changing your password is impossible due to your privacy safeguards if you do not remember a previous password that you did not need to use while logged in. However, I would like to know my password and that is why I tried to change it. Although I think I answered all the questions correctly (I checked from my post) correctly, there will be a message that the information is not enough !!! This is shelling, no privacy!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Contacts and recipients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ads appears on paid account

Ads should not appear on a paid office account. One should be able to block it. Occupies way too much space, and they are not welcome on my paid office outlook service

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Reading email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Important mail going to junk folder

I want to be able to disable the junk filter entirely. Outlook flags more false positives than actual spam. This filter is wasting my time and making me miss critical messages.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I dont know if even you know what you have done. I dont need you automatically adding a one off emsil to contacts. In additiion, it refuse

I dont need you adding addresses to my contacts automatically. Abd it eont let me delete or amend them. I additiin when you make a typo in an addressee, guess what, you cant amend it. And it won't let me delete the friggin contact ot correct it. And whrn you hit the addressee to cotrect the typo it just keeps saving it. It is my business whether or not I want to save a contacf, not yours.. useless waste of time

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts and recipients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rich text formatting while composing mails

I purchased Office 365 specifically to have email functionality across all platforms. It is unacceptable that there is no way to format text in the Outlook app, in the body of the email but especially in the email signature. How is it possible that basic HTML, bold text, italics is not an option in 2020? How is it that people have been asking for this functionality for years, something that is already available in other android and iOS mail apps, yet Microsoft can't deliver? I'm regretting my purchase. Please get this done!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Writing email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We regret that you’re missing the ability to add rich text formatting to your mails. We have this ability today in the Outlook mobile app for iOS and Android which can downloaded from the app stores.

We will consider bringing this ability to Outlook on the mobile browser in the future as well.

20. Not receiving emails

Hi, I set up an email for my daughter. I can log into it without difficulty however no emails are being received. None are in the junk folder either. Not sure why? Help would be much appreciated.

883 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

283 comments  ·  Message actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. There could be various reasons why you aren’t able to see email in your inbox. Please visit this article https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Fix-Outlook-com-email-sync-issues-d39e3341-8d79-4bf1-b3c7-ded602233642 to see some of the reasons.

Let us know if this solves your problem. If your reason is not listed in the article above, can you reach out to us with more details like what browser and OS you are using? That will help us figure out the issue.

Once again we value your continued patronage.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base