Where is Skype???

7,165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1840 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The new integrated Skype for Business experience is now available on the new Outlook on the Web for all customers worldwide.

If you have a Skype for Business account (and have not yet been migrated to Teams), you should see a Skype logo in the right half of the top header upon signing in.

If you have already been fully migrated to Teams, then instead of a Skype logo, you should see a button (it looks like chat bubbles) that opens Microsoft Teams in a new browser tab.

You may need to clear your browser cache and/or refresh your Outlook Web session to see the newly rolled out changes.

2. 926 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

321 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey thanks for your feedback. We’re transitioning all our users over to this new experience.

We’ve put popular settings into our new Quick Settings pane (click the settings gear in the header to access it), which may help you personalize your experience and enjoy OWA a little more.

3. 4,175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1510 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you ALL for providing such detailed feedback around some of the performance issues you had faced. Over the last few weeks we have been shipping out a variety of fixes that will address some of the issues that were reported.

The items that we fixed were largely around some specific browser and Operating System combinations.

If you are hitting any other performance issues, please open up a new feedback or ticket and we will debug those as well.

Thanks!

David Los

4. want classic / old version back

old version is good

1,811 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

743 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all of the feedback. We really do read all of it and have been making changes to the new Outlook on the Web experience.

I did just want to let you know that while we are working through feedback if there are things you still need in the old experience you can just toggle back to the old one.

Hope it helps

David Los

5. I don't see the Upcoming Event/ calender notifications in new Version

I don't see the Upcoming Event/ calender notifications in new Version.. That's the most important thing i want.... I have missed a meeting just because there wasn't any update / notification... this is the only reason why I am switching back to old version.... Please bring it back in new version ASAP

1,968 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

265 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DO NOT OPEN CALENDAR, CONTACTS or TASKS in a new window!

Do not open calendar, contacts or tasks in a new window, or at least make that configurable!

If you're using a browser-app window (Chrome is capable of that) than you have an application window for Outlook 365, with Icon on the desktop and all, and you have no tabs in that window.
    If the calendar and the others are opened in a new window, a new browser window with that tab opens and you loose the overview you have with that integrated browser-web-application.

So for now I am back to the old version due to this.

1,649 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

629 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Open another / new mailbox

need to be able to open another mailbox from the new OWA like you can in the old OWA

2,807 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

442 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1,029 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

259 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Clean, Clear Interface

Mail interface is just a mess. Cluttered, confusing, difficult to use. Please, please, please clean up the interface. Smaller fonts. Less cruft. Something like old desktop Outlook, Thunderbird, or Zimbra.

The old interface was an abomination. The new one is no better.

1,697 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

429 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just wanted to take a minute and personally thank each and everyone of you for trying the new Outlook on the Web experience and for taking time to provide feedback!

We truly read every piece of feedback and discuss how to best iterate and improve the product. With that being said, there seems to be a set of users that are saying they feel the new experience is more cluttered. This is for sure not the impression we want to leave!

As we dig in, we see two pieces of UI that are getting the most feedback from this group. First it is the Sender Photos and second it is the attachment previews.

We actually have a setting that can turn both of these off. If you can, can you try disabling these two features and see if everything feels better? We would love to hear back.

10. 642 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

197 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback.
    In the new OWA calendar experience, you can open another person’s calendar to clicking on the “Import calendar” link in the left panel and in the dialog, click on the “Import from directory” option. This will let your search and open another person’s calendar.

11. Flags vs unflag: more options please!

When flagging an email there used to be several options (e.g. complete), but now you con only turn the flag on or off. Why would you take away useful functionality?

837 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Where are Notes from Outlook.

This used to be on the left hand pane and is not available on new OWA build.

620 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

165 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Again, thank you all for the great feedback and for using the new Outlook on the web experience! I am happy to say based on your feedback we have brought back the notes experience in the web. We are now showing the folder which is parity for the old experience.

It may take about one additional week until everyone sees the new experience.

If you are a heavy notes user, please take this survey: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRwanMpRe2utDjwRsPg3B1zhUMlE3Q1VMSTFaV1pXMVkySUdKSkxWQlAzRS4u

and tell us more about how you’re using them within Outlook on the Web.

13. Improve the search function.

Improve the search function so you can filter the search by words/content and by who sent it.

627 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

194 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We’re continually working to improve the search feature. You can currently search by words in the emails, by senders, and many more ways.

For more advanced filtering, click the “Filters” button after you’ve opened the search bar (it’s on the right side of the search bar). Then you can specify even more detailed searches.

Colin

14. Calendar event reminder by email

Please include an option to add a calendar event reminder by email. This was available in the old system and was very useful.

713 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. compact mode

need to be able to select compact mode for folder list and message list

1,010 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I again thank each and everyone of you for using Outlook on the Web and for providing all of your feedback. I wanted to let you know that as of today we have enabled Density settings. There are three modes which control how tight and how much information is shown on the screen.

To change the density settings click on the gear in the top right (settings). In the pane that opened you should see three setting Full, Medium and Compact.

Hope this helps address some of the concerns around white space :)

Thanks again,

David Los

16. Move emails from to line to the cc line by dragging

When emailing and you accidentally put someones name in the "To" line but need to move them to the "Cc" line. You use to be able to just drag them back and forth. Now you have to delete and then re-add them in the appropriate place.

1,142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

171 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Skype not available like old outlook

Skype is not available in the new outlook like it has earlier in the old outlook in the top right corner of the outlook.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Calendar color choices too limited.

Need more than 7 color choices. We schedule a service desk and need separate colors for each persons calendar. These are calendars, not events so we need the choice in the drop down for the calendar, not in categories.

603 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The deployment for an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook on the web is now complete.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

19. When viewing month in calendar, see list selected day's events on the right

Previous version had this breakdown to the right of the month view. This was useful if I had more than 4 or 5 events on my schedule for the day.

1,020 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to be able to disable Expressions. I turned off the beta solely because I can't disable the expressions. Let me know when

I would like to be able to disable Expressions. I turned off the beta solely because I can't disable the expressions. Let me know when you have the feature added and I'll re-join the beta. Thanks.

382 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

223 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base