OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark Mode Improvements

1) It's hard to distinguish the difference between read and unread emails list panel with dark mode

2) The Sender, subject and content snippet are at the same level of brightness which clash together and make it hard to quickly differentiate. I would love to see the snippet become darker than the rest.

3) The white text is too strong in Dark mode, and needs the ability to customize the color and intensity of the text.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notes Bug when using Open Another Mailbox

In Outlook on the Web for Office 365; When I open another person's mailbox and click on Notes, I see my notes instead of theirs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Dislike]:One Drive

This is about one drive - the software is shockingly bad. I was trying to upload a large file, which I then decided to give up on, syncing from my laptop - I deleted this file on the laptop and online, but it insisted to continue to sync, filled my hard drive with this, and would not break from this cycle. Seriously needs a rethink.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When the use of resource mailbox is restricted by the address book policy, it cannot be controlled from "Search conference room", so I would

When the use of resource mailbox is restricted by the address book policy, it cannot be controlled from "Search conference room", so I would like to be able to control it as well.

アドレス帳ポリシーでリソースメールボックスの利用制限をかけた際、"会議室の検索" からは制御が出来ないので、こちらも制御できるようにしてほしい。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable us to check the permission type when checking the delegate access permissions using PowerShell

When checking the permissions by Get-MailboxFolderPermission, we can check the delegate access permissions by Delegate, CanViewPrivateItems, but cannot check the permission type such as Delegate only and Send a copy.
    Therefore, it would be great if you could enable us to check them as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. default reply/reply all settings

I have my email set to reply as default, never reply all. However, this setting seems to do literally nothing. When I open an email and scroll to the bottom to reply, it still says reply all. The setting seems to only control default reply in the reading pane but I have the reading pane disabled. Why have a setting that doesn't accomplish anything? I just emailed my entire department a private report which you can imagine is mortifying. PLEASE ALLOW ME TO DISABLE REPLY ALL.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable the calendar of the retired user to be inherited

When a sub-calendar is shared with a user and his account is to be deleted due to his retirement and others, it would be great if the ownership of the shared calendar could be moved to the other user (one of the members shared with).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Suggestion]:Add ability to set rules on outgoing mail for the web app

I want to be able to add rules on outgoing mail in the web app. You can only do this via the desktop app currently from what I can see

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need default reminder option for "None"

Settings > Calendar > Events / Invitations > Default Reminders: "Never" should be a choice in the drop down.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Re-order calendars in a calendar group

You're unable to re-arrange the order of calendars in a calendar group, and you're unable to re-arrange the order of calendar groups. The only way to "organize" this mess is to remove/delete and re-add the calendars/groups in the order you want. It's 2019, why are you making static lists. Be better, Microsoft.

183 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Team up with Grammarly to check spelling, grammar and tone of emails on Outlook. This could really help with official emails.

Can you collaborate with a company like Grammarly to check not just spelling and grammar but also the tone of your emails on Outlook?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Standardize the visibility of icons on the file when it’s copied from OneDrive and when it’s uploaded from Ootw

We would like you to standardize the visibility of icons on the file which shared via a link of OneDrive and the one which shared with a copy of the link from Ootw. It’s the same file but one has a file icon and the other has cloud and file icon.

Both files are shared files from OneDrive, so we would like you to make them same icon (cloud icon).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Implement a feature for organizers to delete all the Cancelled schedule shown on the participants’ schedule in bulk

When a schedule item organizer cancelled the schedule, Canceled item is still shown on the each participant’s schedule. It would be great if a feature for organizers to delete all the Canceled schedule in bulk could be implemented.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like the ability to add a batch "calendar" to Outlook on the web.

Adding multiple calendars to Outlook on the web is time-consuming. Therefore, I would like to add "calendar" at once.

<日本語訳>
    複数の予定表を Outlook on the web に追加するのは手間がかかります。そのため、複数の "予定表" 一括で追加する機能を要望します。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Recognize calendar event email reminders set by delegate

When a delegate adds or updates calendar events, any email reminders they created or updated do not appear on owners calendar nor do they function.

Other attributes of the meeting are stored correctly but email reminders are ignored. If a delegate can add email reminders, they should be propagated to the owner’s calendar.

Reproduction Scenario with UserA(owner) and UserB(delegate):
    UserA: Create a calendar named “Projects” and share to UserB
    UserB: Create an event on the shared “Projects” calendar and set 2 email reminders.
    UserA: View the event and notice there are no email reminders shown.
    UserA & UserB: Wait until…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A toggle in Options under Outlook to disable/enable Meeting Insights on Calendar entries.

A toggle in Options under Outlook to disable/enable Meeting Insights on Calendar entries. When one fully opens a Calendar meeting entry it shows suggested files and emails that O365 thinks are associated with that meeting. This feature has potential to leak sensitive information. When someone is showing an agenda from the calendar invite on Webex or MS Teams, the Meeting Insights section may contain confidential information. Irrespective of the algorithm being accurate or not, it may pull in information that is very confidential. In general the data that's shown is rather limited, but one might still be able to glean…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Inline Image to attachment

Add option to inline image to put it as attachment

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. No template button

I sent lots of emails and there isn't a button for template or maybe the icon has changed.

268 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  97 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please don’t show non-attendees the Teams meeting URL

Users who have a reviewer permission of the Outlook calendar can see peoples’ calendar item details such as event title, location, organizer by clicking the event. If any Teams meeting is scheduled, its URL can also be visible to reviewer users, even if they are not invited in the Teams meeting.
    So, I would like to hide the URL of Teams meeting from non-attendees.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Suggestion]:Automatic Flagging

I feel it would be extremely useful if the facility to have all incoming emails marked as "Flagged" was available, either as a general setting or by setting up a rule to enable this to happen - it would be useful for people who work through hundreds of emails a day and need to mark them as completed but save having to mark every single one with a flag initially

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base