OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not automatically enable spell check

Do not automatically enable all manner of spelling or grammar checking functionality when I have previously disabled all of that (cf. Microsoft Editor). It has no notion of jargon or mixed-language text, and is therefore frequently wrong, always unhelpful, and a massive eyesore to boot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark Mode Improvements

1) It's hard to distinguish the difference between read and unread emails list panel with dark mode

2) The Sender, subject and content snippet are at the same level of brightness which clash together and make it hard to quickly differentiate. I would love to see the snippet become darker than the rest.

3) The white text is too strong in Dark mode, and needs the ability to customize the color and intensity of the text.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Keyboard shortcut not working on last item in inbox

Keyboard shortcut "C" for Categorizing email in outlook.office.com does not work on the last email in inbox. Chrome 80.0.3987.106 on Mac

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable the calendar of the retired user to be inherited

When a sub-calendar is shared with a user and his account is to be deleted due to his retirement and others, it would be great if the ownership of the shared calendar could be moved to the other user (one of the members shared with).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable customizing the offline address book generation interval in Exchange Online

By default, a new OAB is generated every 8 hours in Exchange Online. But I would like to customize and shorten its cycle as 6 or 4 hours, for example.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set the travel time in addition to the actual meeting duration when scheduling meeting rooms

Set the additional buffer such as travel time in addition to the actual meeting duration when scheduling meeting rooms.
    “End meeting early” is the similar function but it cannot add the buffer time. So, it would be great if we could add the travel time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notes Bug when using Open Another Mailbox

In Outlook on the Web for Office 365; When I open another person's mailbox and click on Notes, I see my notes instead of theirs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When the use of resource mailbox is restricted by the address book policy, it cannot be controlled from "Search conference room", so I would

When the use of resource mailbox is restricted by the address book policy, it cannot be controlled from "Search conference room", so I would like to be able to control it as well.

アドレス帳ポリシーでリソースメールボックスの利用制限をかけた際、"会議室の検索" からは制御が出来ないので、こちらも制御できるようにしてほしい。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Suggestion]:Automatically adding online meeting defaults to Skype and doesn't allow change

When you enable the option to automatically add online meetings to new events, it adds a Skype meeting, and you can't edit that to be Teams even before you save/send the meeting request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable us to check the permission type when checking the delegate access permissions using PowerShell

When checking the permissions by Get-MailboxFolderPermission, we can check the delegate access permissions by Delegate, CanViewPrivateItems, but cannot check the permission type such as Delegate only and Send a copy.
    Therefore, it would be great if you could enable us to check them as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [Dislike]:Problem with message display

Starting last week, when clicking on messages, instead of getting the message to display, I get a display saying "Connectors - placeholder" with a never ending spinning circle on top. The only way I have found to get rid of it is to close my browser delete cookies / history and open again. It works for a time and then starts doing it again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Deliver the event properly to the organizers’ inbox

If we add an event organizer as the attendee for the event, the event message won’t be delivered to the organizers’ inbox somehow. This type of message will be delivered to the Deleted folder in Outlook client, and for Outlook on the web, the message won’t be delivered anywhere.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clever/intelligent Folder Suggestion

In outlook Web, there's a button "Move to" that allows user to move selected email to a specific folder.

The move to menu contains a search bar, move to other, and the last 6 folders used, ...

It would be wonderfull if Outlook add a section for suggested Folder: Suggested folder would be based on a simple AI that checks the subject, sender, and previous action to suggest the best Match.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [Suggestion]:Be able to pin a message from search results

I'd like to be able to pin a message listed in search results, when I search the inbox. I can do a follow-up flag, move, everything else, but lose the little pin button only in a search result list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Want to customize how the meeting item be displayed in the room calendar

After we added the organizer name to the subject, the calendar item shows the meeting subject following the organizer name. I would like to customize the item to show the organizer name after the meeting subject.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To rearrange the order of room distribution groups which shown under Recent buildings

It would be very convenient if we can rearrange the order of room distribution groups shown under Recent buildings in the Outlook on the web calendar item creation window. I would like to locate the most frequently used rooms at the top of the list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow us to select a folder to import contacts

It would be great if we could select a folder to import contacts into My Contacts in Ootw by using PowerShell. We were previously able to specify a certain folder name under the category in the .CSV to import contacts to the preferred location. So we’d like to do so.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG - you may now close this window.

BUG - you may now close this window.
    Dear Developers, I recently noticed, probably in the past 7 days, that every time I open an e-mail, instead of having it opened in the popup window, I got a text field saying 'you may now close this window'. However opening my e-mails in a popup window was working fine before. I think this is a bug that maybe the latest update introduced. Could you please fix it? I wanted to attach a screenshot, but just could not find yet how.
    Kind Regards,

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Standardize the visibility of icons on the file when it’s copied from OneDrive and when it’s uploaded from Ootw

We would like you to standardize the visibility of icons on the file which shared via a link of OneDrive and the one which shared with a copy of the link from Ootw. It’s the same file but one has a file icon and the other has cloud and file icon.

Both files are shared files from OneDrive, so we would like you to make them same icon (cloud icon).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Archive Calendar visibility in Outlook on Web

If user is enabled with Archive policy, then archived entries of calendar are not visible in OWA. The same is available in Outlook desktop app. Most of the users are comfortable with OWA, so it will be good if archive calendar is available in OWA. OR if we can exclude calendar entries from getting archived in Archive policy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base