OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This is work email, not Snapchat

I'm using Outlook in a professional setting. There is no way I want so-called features like confetti when someone writes the word "congratulations" or GIF, cartoon, and emoji suggestions to include in my WORK email. It's a waste of time for you to develop that kind of stuff, but if you must, make it an OPT-IN feature.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking the time to try the new experience as well as providing feedback!

While I know some of the new features like Joyful animations, Sender Photos, and Emojis may not be liked by all. However, we do have large amount of feedback for including features just like this.

As we know they may be polarizing they all can be turned off if you don’t like it.

If you click the gear in the top right, you can disable sender photos, attachment previews right from there. I also recommend searching for Joyful animations and disable those as well.

Hope that helps

David Los

2. OLD ONE IS SO MUCH BETTER. TOO CROWDED

OLD ONE IS SO MUCH BETTER. TOO CROWDED

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thanks for taking time to provide some feedback and for trying the new Outlook on the web experience!

I just wanted to let you know that you are able to disable two options that I think might address some of your feedback.

Click on the gear in the top right, and then disable the Sender Photos and Attachment Previews.

This will help reduce some of the colors, and reduce some of the preview pictures that are shown.

Hope this helps!

David Los

3. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thanks for taking time to provide some feedback and for trying the new Outlook on the web experience!

I just wanted to let you know that you are able to disable two options that I think might address some of your feedback.

Click on the gear in the top right, and then disable the Sender Photos and Attachment Previews.

This will help reduce some of the colors, and reduce some of the preview pictures that are shown.

Hope this helps!

David Los

4. doesn't really look professional. For professional emails, why would one need to include gifs?

doesn't really look professional. For professional emails, why would one need to include gifs?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback. I totally understand that the emojis and Joyful animations may not be for everyone.

However, they are for sure one of the top requested features that we had from our old experience.

Knowing that these options may not be for everyone, we have options that allow you to disable them.

Click on the gear and turn off the following

1) Joyful animations
    2) Sender Photos

You can use the search box at the top to look for both of these.

Hope this helps!

David Los

5. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback, and for trying Outlook on the Web.

I just wanted to let you know that there are two options to turn off those two features you mentioned.

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
    2) Toggle off both the Sender Photos and Attachment previews.

This should turn off both of those features you mentioned.

Hope this helps

David Los

6. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, First off thanks for taking time to provide feedback!

I was wondering if you can try turning off these two settings and let me know if you feel it is less in your face.

Click on the gear and turn off the Attachment previews and Sender photos. With those turned off, does it feel better?

Thanks for the feedback,
    David Los

7. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hope this helps!

David Los

8. How to access the page with your mobile devices?

How to access the page with your mobile devices within new Outlook on the web?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Too busy of a design, please keep old design

I tested the design for a day trying to give it a change but it's too busy of a design. I love the 'old' outlook. The emails are easy to read, quick to tell which was have been read and which ones haven't. The folders are easy to see and navigate quickly. Honestly, the 'old' version is perfect to me design wise. I don't know why you're trying to change it.
    I very much dislike the icons next to the emails, and I know you can turn it off, but the space is still there which was distracting. The attachment…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and to try out the new experience.

I wanted to offer a suggestion to see if it helps with the busy feel.

If you click on the gear in the top right try turning off Sender Photos and Attachment Previews.

Hope that helps!

David Los

11. It looks too much

There's too much going on

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and to try out the new experience.

If you click on the gear in the top right try turning off Sender Photos and Attachment Previews.

Hope that helps!

David Los

12. Simplify Interface

The new Outlook displays whether the email has an attachment or not. However, that also means the whole interface is more wordy and it looks more cluttered than ever. I use Outlook for my work email and having to login for work is already a headache, more so when I see a ton of words on the new interface. Gotta work on your KonMari method! This does not spark joy for me!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hope that helps!

David Los

13. Web Push Notifications would be helpful

To add to my previous. Web Push Notifications for the mobile version would be helpful.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – I just wanted to provide you an update about Web Push Notifications (browser notifications). I am happy to say that they are now available in the new Outlook on the Web experience.

To enable the feature, click on the Gear in the top right and then scroll down until you see the Desktop notifications. Enable that Toggle.

Your browser will then ask to enable notifications for this site. Select Accept. After this you will now start getting notifications for new mail.

You can find an animation for these steps here: https://twitter.com/i/status/1126173974155579402

Thanks again for providing feedback!

David Los

14. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hope this helps!

David Los

15. Alternate FROM addresses should be remembered

In old system, when an email that uses a different FROM address (such as a shared mailbox email address) is sent, that email address is remembered and can quickly be selected when the next email is composed.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thanks for taking sometime to try the new experience and for providing feedback.

You mention that things feel a bit too cluttered on a laptop.

Can you try disabling these two settings and see if it feels better.

Click the Gear in the top right, and then disable Sender Photos and Attachment Previews.

Hope this helps!

David Los

17. Show me lots of email summaries. Don't hog room showing attachments.

I get many many emails everyday. I need to 1 line summaries of lots of emails. Don't hog another line to show me the attachments. That greatly reduces the number of email summaries I see.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thanks for the feedback! I just wanted to let you know that you are actually able to turn off attachment previews. If you click the gear at the top right, it opens the quick settings pane. From here toggle off Show Attachment previews.

This will hide the previews from the message list and shrink the messages back down.

Hope this helps

David Los

18. Interface a Little Messy

The inbox is a little messy, each thread takes up more vertical space in the inbox due to attachments showing up. Dislike the persons photo showing up as it shifts the text over. Options to clean up some of the new elements would be nice.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hope that helps!

David Los

19. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hope that helps!

David Los

20. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hope that helps!

David Los

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base