• My feedback
  1. 4,175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1510 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you ALL for providing such detailed feedback around some of the performance issues you had faced. Over the last few weeks we have been shipping out a variety of fixes that will address some of the issues that were reported.

The items that we fixed were largely around some specific browser and Operating System combinations.

If you are hitting any other performance issues, please open up a new feedback or ticket and we will debug those as well.

Thanks!

David Los

2. 1,811 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

745 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all of the feedback. We really do read all of it and have been making changes to the new Outlook on the Web experience.

I did just want to let you know that while we are working through feedback if there are things you still need in the old experience you can just toggle back to the old one.

Hope it helps

David Los

3. Clean, Clear Interface

Mail interface is just a mess. Cluttered, confusing, difficult to use. Please, please, please clean up the interface. Smaller fonts. Less cruft. Something like old desktop Outlook, Thunderbird, or Zimbra.

The old interface was an abomination. The new one is no better.

1,697 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

429 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just wanted to take a minute and personally thank each and everyone of you for trying the new Outlook on the Web experience and for taking time to provide feedback!

We truly read every piece of feedback and discuss how to best iterate and improve the product. With that being said, there seems to be a set of users that are saying they feel the new experience is more cluttered. This is for sure not the impression we want to leave!

As we dig in, we see two pieces of UI that are getting the most feedback from this group. First it is the Sender Photos and second it is the attachment previews.

We actually have a setting that can turn both of these off. If you can, can you try disabling these two features and see if everything feels better? We would love to hear back.

4. Flags vs unflag: more options please!

When flagging an email there used to be several options (e.g. complete), but now you con only turn the flag on or off. Why would you take away useful functionality?

837 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. compact mode

need to be able to select compact mode for folder list and message list

1,010 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I again thank each and everyone of you for using Outlook on the Web and for providing all of your feedback. I wanted to let you know that as of today we have enabled Density settings. There are three modes which control how tight and how much information is shown on the screen.

To change the density settings click on the gear in the top right (settings). In the pane that opened you should see three setting Full, Medium and Compact.

Hope this helps address some of the concerns around white space :)

Thanks again,

David Los

6. I would like to be able to disable Expressions. I turned off the beta solely because I can't disable the expressions. Let me know when

I would like to be able to disable Expressions. I turned off the beta solely because I can't disable the expressions. Let me know when you have the feature added and I'll re-join the beta. Thanks.

382 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

224 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dark mode needs dark compose

Dark mode needs to include message compose. Currently UI is dark but new compose message is eye searing white.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – Just wanted to let you know that as of today we are starting to roll out support for dark compose. This will mean you don’t have to have the white screen when writing an email.

Also this week you should now be able to select themes when you have dark mode enabled!

Thanks for the awesome feedback and suggestions.

David Los

8. No Signature Setting

I can't find a place to add my signature in this new outlook. i had it set up in the old version, but it did not carry through. please help!

276 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking the time to use the new Outlook on the web experience and for taking the time to provide feedback! I just wanted to let you know that we do have signature settings in the experience already.

Click on the gear in the top right hand corner.

In the search box type in signature.

This will show a link to the Email Signature. Which will then take you right to the signature settings.

Thanks!

David Los

9. No Shared mailboxes with new Outlook

I used share mailboxes a lot as a small business. With the new outlook, I was no longer able to switch to my shared mailboxes. I immediately switched back. This needs to be fixed.

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there – I just wanted to provide an update and give some more information about the Shared Mailboxes.

First the easiest solution is to click on the Picture/Initials in the top right hand corner (me card) and select Open Mailbox. This way you can open the full mailbox in another tab.

The second option, you can right click on the Folders word in the left pane (folder list). From here select Add Shared Folder.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

David Los

10. Can't drag the attachments

In the new version I can't drag the attachments between a windowed mail to antoher new messages.
    Now I need to save the attachment and then to reattach to the new message.

614 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DISABLE CONVERSATION VIEW

DISABLE CONVERSATION VIEW does not exist in the "new outlook". And it's something that it is really needed

233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It's very hard to see what has been read and what has not in the new version

It's very hard to see what has been read and what has not in the new version

431 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. attachment preview

I dont like that on the landing page of my inbox, I can see the attachment files. It makes my inbox cluttered.

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback, and for trying Outlook on the Web.

I just wanted to let you know that there are two options to turn off those two features you mentioned.

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
    2) Toggle off both the Sender Photos and Attachment previews.

This should turn off both of those features you mentioned.

Hope this helps

David Los

14. Can't drag emails into folder pane

I can't drag emails into the left hand folder pane, like was possible with the old interface. Would be such a time saver if this works in the new interface as well. Using Edge 42.17134.1.0

339 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you all very much for providing feedback. I just wanted to take a minute and let everyone know that we have pushed out some fixes to ensure that you are able to drag and drop email’s to different folders.

This includes if the folder is collapsed. Once you hover over the the folder list it will expand if there are multiple sub folders.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

David Los

15. WHY IN THE **** DO YOU HIDE THE SEARCH BAR?!?!!

Seriously, show the search bar in all folders.

215 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, the search bar is available no matter what folder you are in! It’s in the header, in the middle of the screen. Just search as you normally would, and your search will be automatically scoped to the folder you’re currently in. You can also change the scope of the search by clicking on the Filters button on right right side of the search bar.

Colin

16. Disable automatic emoji/image phrase suggestion. I don't need phrases highlighted with emoji or gif suggestions. I use this email for work.

Disable automatic emoji/image phrase suggestion. I don't need phrases highlighted with emoji or gif suggestions. I use this email for work.

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Undo send

What happened to undo send??

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  30 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. keep pop out window option for composing emails

Although the added tab feature is nice, the option of easily popping out an email into a new window should also be retained. I use this feature a lot, and I know others who do too.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SharePoint file attachment

It should be possible to attach files from SharePoint sites as well as OneDrive and local computer files!!!

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reply in a new window

Open a new window when hit reply, is not available on this version.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base