OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cluttered

The presentation of the emails is too cluttered. The uniform look of the previous version is more pleasing to the eye. With the new version it feels like I have to do more work to even differentiate between emails in the list format.

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Declined  ·  67 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Why do we need a "new" outlook. The current version works well, is user friendly, and visually bland, and does not overwhelm the eye. The "New" version has thumbnails everywhere which is distracting and makes the screen look over crowded. Not a fan. Not a fan at all. Microsoft, stop fixing what isn't broken!!

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  46 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Speedy Meeting Feature

This is a feature available in Google Calendar that really helps to make meetings more efficient and punctual.
    The “Speedy meetings” feature by default sets meetings to 25- or 50-minute intervals. This is great because people are always scheduling meetings for 30- or 60-minute intervals, and attendees often end up scheduled back to back and have difficulty rushing from meeting to meeting.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. User Interface freezes

Had to refresh a couple of times because none of my messages would open, I couldn't change folders, and I couldn't navigate out of Outlook to another app

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Flashing screen

On my work computer when you switch sides from showing all your emails to the current email you're reading it just flashes like it refreshes

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. personal feedback about the design

it's not an idea just a personal feedback. I used the new version for my personal use for several months now and I like to have different design between professional / personal use. it's not related to the usability . Everyday, I open both accounts in two tabs, and I'm sure that I 'm going to write an email with the wrong account...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thanks for taking time to provide the feedback and for using Outlook for both your work and personal emails!

As you have noticed the experiences are actually pretty similar with the new experiences in both.

What I would recommend is trying to set a different theme for one of your personal or work accounts. That way you can see a big difference between the two.

To set a theme select the gear in the top right. This will open up the quick settings pane, in here you will see themes to pick from.

Hope this helps!

David Los

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base