Where is Skype???

7,165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1840 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The new integrated Skype for Business experience is now available on the new Outlook on the Web for all customers worldwide.

If you have a Skype for Business account (and have not yet been migrated to Teams), you should see a Skype logo in the right half of the top header upon signing in.

If you have already been fully migrated to Teams, then instead of a Skype logo, you should see a button (it looks like chat bubbles) that opens Microsoft Teams in a new browser tab.

You may need to clear your browser cache and/or refresh your Outlook Web session to see the newly rolled out changes.

2. DO NOT OPEN CALENDAR, CONTACTS or TASKS in a new window!

Do not open calendar, contacts or tasks in a new window, or at least make that configurable!

If you're using a browser-app window (Chrome is capable of that) than you have an application window for Outlook 365, with Icon on the desktop and all, and you have no tabs in that window.
    If the calendar and the others are opened in a new window, a new browser window with that tab opens and you loose the overview you have with that integrated browser-web-application.

So for now I am back to the old version due to this.

1,649 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

630 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Distribution Groups removed from settings menu.

Need to be able to access Distribution Groups (not Office 365 Groups) from OWA like in old version so users can self-service join/leave.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/distribution-groups-e8ba58a8-fab2-4aaf-8aa1-2a304052d2de

891 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

206 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – Thanks again for providing us with all of the feedback. I just wanted to let everyone know that you should now be seeing Distribution Group Management in the new Outlook on the web experience.

You might need to refresh your browser.

Thanks, and keep the great feedback coming!

David Los

4. Dark Mode and other Theme Colors

When in dark mode you should have the ability to select the accent color

320 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – Just wanted to let you know that as of today you should be able to start picking themes when you are in dark mode. This should give you a bit more options to make it look and feel like your own!

Also over the next two weeks we are also adding dark compose for when you are writing your emails. This way you don’t have to see a white screen as well :)

Thanks for the suggestions!

David Los

5. 169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dark mode with theme

I would love to be able to use dark mode but still have a theme on the top

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. TOO CLOSE UP AND TOO MANY COLORS!

it was very zoomed in to the point i had to adjust the zoom on my laptop. also it was very busy with many colors all over the place.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for your feedback! We’ve created settings to help you fix this issue.

First, open Quick Settings by clicking on the settings gear in the header. Then, you can change the display density (set yours to Compact) which will remove the colors and add more text.

Colin

8. attachments not downloading.

My attachments are not downloading in the latest version.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No focused or other categories. Just use one column for all emails and make life easier.

No focused or other categories. Just use one column for all emails and make life easier.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Not Skype button on top yet? Shame & Lame. Returning to old Outlook. :(

Not Skype button on top yet? Shame & Lame. Returning to old Outlook. :(

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hard to read

The fonts are way too small. I work on my notebook a lot and my eyes are hurting after I've used the new outlook on the web for some minutes

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear that it’s hard for you to read on OWA. We suggest that you increase the zoom of your browser, which will have the effect of zooming in/resizing and increasing the size of the font you see. You can do this in your browser settings, or by pressing CTRL and +. You can reduce the size of the screen by pressing CTRL and -.

Colin

12. CANT SEND EMAILS even if they don't have anything inappropriate in/on it?

I think you should be able to send a email if it doesn't have anything inappropriate on/in it. like if you send an email, and it doesn't send, Microsoft office will say it has something inappropriate on it.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for your feedback. We don’t prevent any emails from being sent in OWA. Can you please further describe the feedback you’re getting from Microsoft that is saying you have something inappropriate in your inbox?

As far as messages taking a while to send, our team is actively working on a number of bugs related to this!

Colin

13. like notifications missing

The message 'Like notifications' are missing....

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’ve released the first version of the new Activity Pane (bell in the header) which will show you your likes.

We may also include the option to display the toast notification for Likes (the pop up in the top right corner) as an option. We’ll look into it!

Colin

14. Dark Mode Toggle Button doesn't work on Sidebar Settings

Toggle Button for Dark Mode does not work in the Settings sidebar. I had to open the All Settings page, go to General, and toggle it from there.... I am using Firefox

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug when using shift+arrow keys to select characters

When using shift+arrow keys to select part of the text while, for instance, writing an email, it automatically deselects the text if I'm trying to select more than one character. Similarly, if I use ctrl+shift+arrow keys to select entire words, it deselects if I try to select more than one word. This worked fine in the previous Outlook. (I am using Firefox on Windows 10)

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, as well as trying out the new Outlook on the Web experience.

I just wanted to let you know that we have made a fix on our side to work around the issue (which is rolling out).

Also, Firefox 65 has fixed this issue as well. So I would recommend checking your browsers and make sure they are up to date, or wait a few more days for our fix to fully roll out.

Thanks

David Los

16. Not easy on the eyes

The colors are not easy on the eyes and are confusion.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Visually too busy, don't like that font from sender is smaller

Visually too busy, don't like that font from sender is smaller

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

First off, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and to try out the new experience.

I wanted to offer a suggestion to see if it helps with the busy feel.

If you click on the gear in the top right try turning off Sender Photos and Attachment Previews.

Hope that helps!

David Los

18. the screen is very crowded and messy. the look needs to be simplified and more columnar.

the screen is very crowded and messy. the look needs to be simplified. More columns and less information being visually crowded onto the screen. Its headache inducing at this point.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and to try out the new experience.

I wanted to offer a suggestion to see if it helps with the busy feel.

If you click on the gear in the top right try turning off Sender Photos and Attachment Previews.

Hope that helps!

David Los

19. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thanks for taking time to provide some feedback and for trying the new Outlook on the web experience!

I just wanted to let you know that you are able to disable two options that I think might address some of your feedback.

Click on the gear in the top right, and then disable the Sender Photos and Attachment Previews.

This will help reduce some of the colors, and reduce some of the preview pictures that are shown.

Hope this helps!

David Los

20. This is work email, not Snapchat

I'm using Outlook in a professional setting. There is no way I want so-called features like confetti when someone writes the word "congratulations" or GIF, cartoon, and emoji suggestions to include in my WORK email. It's a waste of time for you to develop that kind of stuff, but if you must, make it an OPT-IN feature.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

First off, thank you for taking the time to try the new experience as well as providing feedback!

While I know some of the new features like Joyful animations, Sender Photos, and Emojis may not be liked by all. However, we do have large amount of feedback for including features just like this.

As we know they may be polarizing they all can be turned off if you don’t like it.

If you click the gear in the top right, you can disable sender photos, attachment previews right from there. I also recommend searching for Joyful animations and disable those as well.

Hope that helps

David Los

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base