OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't see the Upcoming Event/ calender notifications in new Version

I don't see the Upcoming Event/ calender notifications in new Version.. That's the most important thing i want.... I have missed a meeting just because there wasn't any update / notification... this is the only reason why I am switching back to old version.... Please bring it back in new version ASAP

1,968 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

265 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar event reminder by email

Please include an option to add a calendar event reminder by email. This was available in the old system and was very useful.

713 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calendar color choices too limited.

Need more than 7 color choices. We schedule a service desk and need separate colors for each persons calendar. These are calendars, not events so we need the choice in the drop down for the calendar, not in categories.

603 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The deployment for an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook on the web is now complete.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

4. When viewing month in calendar, see list selected day's events on the right

Previous version had this breakdown to the right of the month view. This was useful if I had more than 4 or 5 events on my schedule for the day.

1,020 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Where is the notification bell?

And also, why does it open a new tab every time I go to the calendar? That's really stupid

459 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Notification bell has been shipped to all Enterprise users, and we’ve fixed it so that each module opens in the same tab.

By the way, we’re working on adding some new scenarios to the notifications bell. Could you take this survey to let us know what scenarios you are most interested in?

https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR3M5kvKXLUxLg5HHvJDXsGlUMlQ1WTFVNkFGTE9QVUJTRTFLWE9DQ0ozUS4u

Thanks for the feedback!

Colin

6. Calendar Searching

In the Calendar: Using the old outlook, the search function was able to pull up a coworkers calendar to see their schedule and availability. Using the new outlook, the search function only looked for my events on my own calendars. Please allow other calendars to be searched for.

348 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have completed the work that allows you to search and add a users calendar. After executing a search for a resolved person, you will see an option at the top of the list view that allows you to “Add Calendar”. Once you do this, you will be able to see both calendars together.

7. Good / Awesome / Great

I *love* the new calendar view that shows today as double-width. So much better use of screen space for what I care about most.

Best feature I've seen come to outlook in a VERY long time.

777 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

388 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Old calendar UI was more readable (fonts/colors)

The old calendar UI (colored blocks with white text) was more readable than the new version. The new version is too bright/harder to look at.

513 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The deployment for an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook on the web is now complete.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

9. Cannot add New Event into a shared Calendar

In Calendar, you can view a calendar shared among people, but when you click +New Event, it will only allow you to add the Event into a calendar you own. This is not very efficient for a calendar that requires many Events from several different people.

224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When printing out the calendar I would like the option to print out the detailed calendar like in the old outlook calendar, please.

When printing out the calendar I would like the option to print out the detailed calendar like in the old outlook calendar, please. With this new one I can't see all the details I need like in the old one.

256 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I am unable to edit calendar items on a shared calendar

I am able to create new meetings/events on a shared calendar, but am unable to open or edit items existing or new items on the calendar.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New Outlook (office 365) - cannot easily see where add a shared calendar

New Outlook (office 365) - cannot easily see where to add a new shared calendar. Did a fish design the new web interface, it is terrible!

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Could not find Opening calendar from directory

There used to be an option to open others' calendars and I cannot find it now. In the old OWA it's: right click on Other calendars/Open calendar/From directory

421 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Right Side Bar With Full List of Events for Selected Day

The new format is nice but it is missing a key part of the old calendar. The new format needs to include the right side bar that shows the entire list of events for the selected day. This is helpful when there are several events for the day. Without the right side bar it is difficult to see the entire day's events when on month or week view. Please bring this side bar back. It looks like several people want it back.

218 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. calendar font size on print out is too small

There are a few issues with the Calendar. As part of daily activities, I print out my daily calendar to keep track of my day.
    The calendar print out font is too small to read.
    Dark mode prints out with a black background which is not ideal for readability or use.
    There is no room for notes.

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. viewing multiple calendar

When viewing multiple calendars they are just laid on top of each other, yes they are a different color, but i have no idea who's calendar is who's. Also, to turn off one of those calendar, I have to search thru my 50 saved calendars to find the one that is enabled. You used to have a tab at the top that showed the user name and you could easily dismiss their calendar from that little tab.

320 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! If you’d like to view multiple calendars side-by-side, please go to the view switcher dialog (the button at the top labeled “Day, Work week, Week, or Month”, depending on which view you are currently in) and select “Split view” (please note that this option is not available in Month view).

With Split view, you can view as many calendars as you’d like side-by-side, and once you’re done viewing a particular calendar, click on the X at the top of the calendar to de-select it from your view. Once you’re completely done with a calendar and you’d like to remove it from your calendar list, you can go to the “…” menu next to the calendar and click Delete or Remove.

18. Why did all my calendar colors change - it looks hideous! Switching back to the old Outlook.

Why did all my calendar colors change - it looks hideous! Switching back to the old Outlook.

258 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have now released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook on the web.

19. I couldn't find Automatic Replies option

I couldn't find Automatic Replies option

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey! Sorry to hear that you were having trouble finding this option. If you open Settings using the gear in the header, you can find automatic replies by searching in the settings search box.

Or, you can open up all settings by clicking “View all Outlook settings” at the bottom of the settings pane. Then you can go to Mail > Automatic Replies > Turn on automatic replies.

Hope this helps!

Colin

20. Calendar to show full events

This is important to show the full list of events of selected date at right hand side

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base