OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable/Disable Calendar Contact Icons

It would be nice to be able to enable and disable contact's icons on the Calendar view similar to the current "Sender Image" toggle for Mail. Right now other people's names are only displayed on the left and not their icons. It was nice to see calendar contact's icons in the old view.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use browser notifications for reminders

Use browser notifications for reminders instead of in-app notifications so that meeting reminders are visible even if the Outlook web app tab is not active.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Daily Task List on the right hand side of the calendar

Please transfer the feature that shows the daily scheduled tasks on the right side of the screen when looking at the monthly view. It helps so much when trying to look at tasks of the day while planning ahead.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add back resource scheduling settings!

Add back resource scheduling settings to the new Outlook. I need it to setup a standard reply, duration of bookings etc of the resources I manage.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Issues with All Day Events Viewing - No longing allowing for scrolling

Bug: Only noticed today, but can't scroll through all day events anymore in day/work week/week view. Limited to seeing 4 events for all day. If I change to month view, I can see the additional events in the side bar, so they're definitely there.
    Used to be able to scroll through all-day events at the top of the view.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. can't import ics file

can't import ics file

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A toggle in Options under Outlook to disable/enable Meeting Insights on Calendar entries.

A toggle in Options under Outlook to disable/enable Meeting Insights on Calendar entries. When one fully opens a Calendar meeting entry it shows suggested files and emails that O365 thinks are associated with that meeting. This feature has potential to leak sensitive information. When someone is showing an agenda from the calendar invite on Webex or MS Teams, the Meeting Insights section may contain confidential information. Irrespective of the algorithm being accurate or not, it may pull in information that is very confidential. In general the data that's shown is rather limited, but one might still be able to glean…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When adding members to an already existing calendar notification, add the option to send a notification email to newly added members only

When adding members to an already existing calendar notification, add the option to send a notification email to newly added members only

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the ability where if you try to add someone who is already invited, it says they are already invited.

Add the ability where if you try to add someone who is already invited, it says they are already invited.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show attachment and other additions to the calendar (after originally sent)

Show attachment and other additions to the calendar (after originally sent) to both the meeting organizer and attendees

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. " It would be nice if the link to Webex did not require fully opening the meeting invitation (in other words you have to open the dialog on

It would be nice if the link to Webex did not require fully opening the meeting invitation (in other words you have to open the dialog on the right to see the Webex)"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Outlook calendar to be used on Desktop and Android

Outlook.com's calendar would be usable, if it could be used in Outlook on the desktop (without having to use Outlook as your default email address), and if it could sync with Android calendar applications, as it once did but no longer. It's 2020, you should be able to sync the calendar without first getting a job a company that uses an Exchange server!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Agenda view is not available in calendar

In the new calendar the agenda view is gone. If you want to have any other view other than the "Day" view you cannot see each individual calendar even due to there not being an agenda option.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide a meeting room from the suggestion in Outlook on the web according to the Address Book Policy

It would be great to hide a meeting room when creating schedule items in Ootw. Because we made certain settings for the meeting room by using the Address Book Policy, but the setting would not be reflected on Ootw. The room is still shown when creating schedule items.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. categories

I use categories for mail and for my calendar. I cannot figure out how my list of categories is sorted, but the order is not useful. it used to be alphabetical and started my most-used categories with 0- so they came out at the top of the list. now they are scattered throughout but never visible in the first window I see. how can I sort my categories so the list is useful to me?
    in the calendar, the categories are indicated by text color for events at the top of the day columns (that you can use for reminders,…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Good to have an app for a shared calendar, or calendar in Excel, where anyone can create event and anyone can view in a closed group.

I am manager, I manage 25 associates, good to have an application outside outlook for a shared calendar, or calendar in online Excel, (which should not sink with outlook calendar), where any of my team members can create an event as his/her leave plan in a future date. And any associate should be able to view it. Suppose 21st August 3 members of my team opted for leave and they have created their leave event on that day. if I click 21st August date in the calendar I should be able to see who and all created their leave event. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change the show as option in the attendees’ calendar if it has been changed

If the event organizer has changed the Show as option on the meeting change notification, the status would be changed only in the organizers’ calendar. On the other hand, Attendees can’t find the updated status on their calendar which is inconvenient. I would request you to improve this behavior to reflect the change of the Show as option on the every calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need to see the calendar evens/appointments above like the old version

in the old version there will be a tab which will tell you whats the next meeting or the event based on the calendar its not there in this version please add it.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Want to cancel the meeting room list distribution group in the meeting rooms list after selecting the group

When you select the meeting room list distribution group in Browse more rooms > Search for a city or room list for meeting item creation in Ootw, you cannot cancel the group as the list wouldn’t be shown.
    As a workaround, we could delete the meeting room list distribution group or create another meeting list distribution group, but it would be very time consuming. So, it would be great if we could cancel the meeting room list distribution group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base