OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

I am unable to edit calendar items on a shared calendar

I am able to create new meetings/events on a shared calendar, but am unable to open or edit items existing or new items on the calendar.

149 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Deanna Willoughby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not have editing access to shared calendars. I am still able to edit on the old outlook but not the new outlook.

• Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I switch to the new version of Outlook 365 when it first went live and was able to manage/edit my bosses calendar (shared calendar) until recently (March). I can only visually see his calendar and not do anything with it. I went back to the old version where I can manage/edit my bosses calendar.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to manage my other office365 calendar by letting decline, accept, delete meetings.... The new version no longer allows that

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the time it takes to edit an event. In the old version, if you double click an event it knows that you want to edit it. The new one still needs to be asked.
    Also, why can't you select multiple events for deletion? It is annoying to have to delete them one at a time.

• Elisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not all shared calendars available for editing although you have permissions.

• Jeniffer Alcaraz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the calendar section, I am unable to edit shared calendars. Every time I have to edit a shared calendar, I have to switch back.

• Shyam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

**** Team,

After updated new outlook look, I am not able to edit shared calendar events in new Outlook design. Please fix the issue ASAP.

• Yuriy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to create/edit events when on the "Try new Outlook". Once I switch back to "old", it works fine.

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the new version but unable to use it because I am unable to schedule meetings on behalf of my clients. :(

• Erin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't edit shared calendars to make appointments on others calendars. Yeah its great when i want to share appointments, but i don't need to clutter my own calendar with others scheduled things, that ill have to invite them to.

• Joseph Brink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Issues with calendar: 1. unable to edit appointments on shared calendar. Unable to forward events on my calendar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the new version of the Outlook calendar, I am no longer able to see and edit calendar items using a shared mailbox as the owner of these calendar invites. It still works in the old version of Outlook, but it seems calendar view is locked to my personal account in the new version. It used to work, when I first tried out the new Outlook, though. Stopped working as of today.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot enter data on a shared calendar even if I turn off every one but the one I want to edit. This wasn't an issue in the old version.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base