OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

I am unable to edit calendar items on a shared calendar

I am able to create new meetings/events on a shared calendar, but am unable to open or edit items existing or new items on the calendar.

149 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Deanna Willoughby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also seem to be having this problem with. It seems to be affecting random users within the organisation. It also seems to affect both the new outlook and old outlook. We have even set the calendar permissions for all our users to "editor" and the problem still remains.

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't add a meeting or event to a shared calendar even though I can view it. I always have to switch back to make any additions.

• Chika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After updated new outlook look, I am not able to edit shared calendar events in new Outlook design.

• Forida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing issues with entering appointments in the multiple calendars I have. This was not a problem in the old version

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to edit shared calendars in new outlook. Had to switch back to old.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You cannot see the shared calendar notes in the new Outlook. The entries cannot be edited. This is a big deal.

This is correct. Again, functionality should be consistent with the previous version.

• Mike Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently unable to edit events in shared calendars, it does work in the 'old' version online.

I am unable to edit shared calendars in new outlook. Had to switch back to old.

• Jess Tietboehl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I manage my bosses calendar and when in the new version I cannot add or edit events on his calendar in the "new" version of 365. I also can't see any events marked as private.

I have confirmed that my permissions are still set to allow these functions and can still do everything in the old version. Please fix the new version to accept the permissions. Thanks.

I can no longer move appointments on calendars that are shared with me. This is an basic and essential function for me job so I switched back to old Outlook.

• Holly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use shared calendars to make reservations on rooms in our building. The only way to allow others access is to give them full editing rights. However, I want to allow them access to only add, delete or edit their own events.

• No commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't edit calendar events in a shared calendar.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base