620 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback.
In the new OWA calendar experience, you can open another person’s calendar to clicking on the “Import calendar” link in the left panel and in the dialog, click on the “Import from directory” option. This will let your search and open another person’s calendar.

180 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the most features i use... not possible anymore. before the search field would also suggest People, so i could quickly add that agenda to look for some free spots....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the old calendar there was an easy short cut where you just typed the co-workers name

in the old calendar there was an easy short cut where you just typed the co-workers name

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with the other comments. I like the new look, but this new calendar is UNUSABLE. The #1 reason why I like using Outlook.com instead of an Outlook desktop app is how easy it has been to click the calendar search bar in the top left corner, start typing someone's name and instantly lay other people's calendars over my own to find a time to meet. I DON'T want to have to add someone's calendar to my list of calendars (not that I can even figure out how to do that in this new look) then scroll through the list to layer co-workers calendars on top of my own. I REALLY hope the big search bar at the top of the new design will support this. I saw a note that the calendar search doesn't work yet (seems strange to even release a Beta without that) so I'm HOPING this functionality (which would just retain what already exists in the current calendar) will be coming soon.

• SD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Outlook web doesn't have the search box for other people's calendar. This is key for organizations. In New Outlook you have to go through multiple clicks to get there.
    In place of the old search box, there is + New Event - this is great but it's really easy to add an event directly on the calendar.
    For me the directory search box is way more critical than a stand alone add new event space.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too. Also, I don't want to have to add their calendar to my list to view it. I'm switching back to the old version.

• Lynn S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could view another person's calendar before, why can I not view it in new Outlook?

In old outlook if you were viewing others calendars, you would get a box at the top showing you the names and the colour of each persons calendar which you have open. This is no longer there and you have to run down a list in the pane to check the above and have the ability to remove the calendars from your view.

• lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also the reason I switched back to the old version.

Can this functionality be added to the search bar at the top?

It must be as easy as before to unswitch viewing other people's calendar (those you have chosen to view). before you could unswitch in the left pane AND by X'ing the person(s) above the calendar. Now you can only do in the left pane.

• Ashim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Their status is shown (busy, available, tentative) but not what they are busy with. With current view, details of shared calendar were visible.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With new outlook, I don't know where I can search other people's calendar so that I can find a proper time for our meeting.

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base