620 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback.
In the new OWA calendar experience, you can open another person’s calendar to clicking on the “Import calendar” link in the left panel and in the dialog, click on the “Import from directory” option. This will let your search and open another person’s calendar.

180 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I'm scheduling an event and I see that "1 person is busy" I'd like to be able to know who that is. When I type a name in the search, I just see events which have that name in the title/invitees, but I cannot pull up that person's calendar. FYI these are people in my organization.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, it's not easy to search for another person's calendar. You have to scroll through a list now to find a calendar and click it. Previously you could right-click Other Calendars > Open Calendar to search for a user and view their calendar. It wasn't the best UI, but it's way better than this update

I knew how to search for and view a team member's calendar in the old UI. Can't find it in the new UI. Can't schedule a meeting if I don't know my team members availability.

As the oldest version through the search, I want to be able to open easily another calendar in my company's mailing list

Mee too. The old version was much more convient to search my co-worker's calendar.

• Ian Peake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the calendar view, how can I add another person's calendar in the calendar view? This used to be easy: enter a name in the search box on the top left; select the corresponding person and their calendar appears as a color-coded overlay in your calendar view. Now this feature seems to be gone. On the other hand, there is a (useless) button "discover calendars" on the LHS panel which provides a list of calendars which have nothing to do with my workplace.

• emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this feature is on the old outlook but not on the new, I have trouble adding my leave to the work calander

• Molly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too! I can no longer search for people and events that are going to happen!! Not really happy about that.

One of the most common things I do is add a new co-worker's calendar to my list of calendars. This was already annoyingly difficult, and in the new Outlook, it's even worse. I can no longer add a new co-worker's calendar to a particular group (e.g., by right-clicking on the group name and selecting "Open calendar"). It seems I can only add a co-worker's calendar by using the "Discover calendars" function. When I do this, Outlook will add the calendar to the "People's calendars" group, and there is no function to move a calendar between groups.

• Russell.Rutledge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new scheduling assistant is a deal-breaker. For people with full calendars I need to see more detail then just if they are free or busy. I need to be able to read the meeting details that they have to know what I can schedule over.

This feature brought me to the web client again and again over the Mac 2016 client. I am opting out of the beta now and sincerely hope that the old scheduling assistant is brought forward to the beta before I am invited to participate again.

• Chelsea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I added someone's calendar, but then I couldn't easily remove it or see who's calendar it was that I had just added. The old outlook shows this in the upper left corner of the calendar with an 'x' to remove their calendar from yours. Also, it didn't add this person to the list on the left, so if they're not already on your list of calendars you have to search for them every time.

• Eddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the new update, I'm unable to search and see the schedules of individuals who also use Outlook (like my coworkers). With the original designs, I was able to search for people's calendars and see open spots to schedule meetings before navigating to the scheduler.

Allow creation of events on other calendars for your boss or a division calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base