619 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback.
In the new OWA calendar experience, you can open another person’s calendar to clicking on the “Import calendar” link in the left panel and in the dialog, click on the “Import from directory” option. This will let your search and open another person’s calendar.

178 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can continue to see calendars for colleagues where they were opened in the old version of Outlook, but I can't open new calendars without switching back to the old Outlook.

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1; unwilling to change to new outlook without this being available in same level of effort

Not sure if it's a bug, but when I try to see calendar meeting details, I can only see the title and time range and nothing else.

• Kristyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order for me to schedule anything on my boss' calendar or edit existing calendar entries, I have to switch back to the "Old Outlook." The new Outlook will not allow me access to his calendar. It's very inconvenient and frustrating.

I can't see the appointment details of other peoples calendars anymore so I'm reverting (AGAIN) to the old view!!

• peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is harder to search for other peoples calendars in the new version of the Outlook web app, as you have to manually add them. This makes it harder to arrange meetings.

In the previous Outlook app I could search for contacts and see their calendars. In the new Outlook it is not possible. I would like this functionality to be present.

I had the same problem, searching for colleague's calendars is not possible or impossible to find. I switched back to the old calendar since this is a must for me.

• craig.lawes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I find I have to check the help page when trying to add in a new colleagues calendar to view it.

Click discover calandar > From directory (this is hidden, you have to scroll).

This is soooo intuitive!

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have noticed that in the new version of Outlook for web, we can't schedule on other people's calendars (for which we have editing permission). When we click on "more details" it takes us to an error message, "Something Went Wrong. There was something that went wrong with the application. Please refresh your browser window to continue" and then when we refresh, the appointment disappears. This is occurring with both Macs and PCs. We are able to make the appointments if we switch back to the old version of Outlook webmail/webcal as well as in the Desktop version.

Needs fixed - seems starnge I can see in old but not in what looks like just a different front end

I cannot perform daily activities without being able to see my colleagues calendars.

• ra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing the calendars of the selected people was more handy in the old version since the selected people appeared in the top bar. That allowed an easier understanding of which color corresponds to which person and it was easier to remove a person's calendar. In the new version this info is only available in the left side list of people and when having many, it's hard to find the ones you selected.

• Julien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent point, it seems not be doable anymore and it's a no no for me. That feature is very important!

The new Calendar does not allow you to look at your colleagues' calendar simultaneously anymore. It was so straight-forward when wanting to check at 2 or more people's week in order to compare schedules or find a common spot. Or just to know when they will be busier or more idle... Do we now have to pretend-create an event and use the scheduling assistant for this? Is there really no way to insert that back in? (i.e. the possibility of looking for your colleagues' calendar and have it shown together with yours). Thanks!

• dps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all the comments. Also, on the old interface I could see the picture of each person's profile next to the calendar selector, now I need to read the names.

I like the new look, but it won't allow me to add new events in all of my calendars, it only gives me to calendar options, and I need to be able to see them all.

• Yuliya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

could not find calendars which I know should exist in the directory

• Samantha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't seem to search for other people's calendars the way I was able to before.

Feedback and Knowledge Base