619 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback.
In the new OWA calendar experience, you can open another person’s calendar to clicking on the “Import calendar” link in the left panel and in the dialog, click on the “Import from directory” option. This will let your search and open another person’s calendar.

178 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Veronika Boos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can no longer schedule meetings on behalf of another user whose calendar is delegated to me. This is a big bummer because most meetings need to have Skype added and I can't do this in Outlook desktop unless I am signed into Outlook as him. So OWA has always been great for allowing me to do this - please don't take it away!

• Harsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add ability to view another person's calendar. The old calendar had a simple interface which allowed a user to type in a contact's name and view their calendar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When attempting to add events to other / shared calendars it repeatedly defaults to adding an event to my own, even when I close out of my personal calendar. The only way I've found to work around this is returning to the old calendar which permits this task seamlessly.

1. Cannot add events to a shared calendar. (Gives you a 'Something went wrong' error)
    2. If you delete and try to reinstall the calendar, it says it cannot install it.

• Joshua Jonason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a default setting of everyone in our organization being able to see Free/Busy information on each other's calendars. In the previous version of OWA, we were able to right click in the left pane and select "Open Calendar". We could then search our directory for a calendar we wished to view. This function is missing in the new version. There is no way to add another person's calendar without them explicitly sharing it with you. Please add the "Open Calendar" function back.

• Daphne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to make edits as a calendar delegate in the new outlook. I manage my supervisor's schedule. Now the new outlook does not let me make edits or add to the calendar.

• Penny Givin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I first started using this new calendar i could accept meetings for my supervisor (I am set as a delegate). All of a sudden i can no longer accept meetings for him in the new version. I have to go back to using the old version.

• Penny Givin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I first started using this new calendar i could accept meetings for my supervisor (I am set as a delegate). All of a sudden i can no longer accept meetings for him in the new version. I have to go back to using the old version.

I cannot enter calender entries for other users like the old one where I pick the user and make changes

I had to go back to the old Outlook in order to open a calendar that was not listed on the left hand side already.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't search supported for other users' calendars I have owner permissions on?

This is an essential function.

• Vee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Managing other calendars is missing features such as canceling a meeting or changing it. I had to switch back to the old view to be able to do what I needed to do with the calendar's I manage for Execs.

• Iris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very clean and clear interface, however I can't look into my colleagues' calendar to find out their schedule

• SH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. I hate having to switch to the old version to find a particular calendar each time.

• Kimberly Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I switch to the new look I can only edit 4 of my 6 calendars. But in the old version I can edit/add/delete in all 6.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can no longer add events and bookings to other staff members calendars. This feature still worked with the new calendar until a few days ago. this is 50% of my job and I can no longer do it. FIX THIS ISSUE

Feedback and Knowledge Base