Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

136 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not add an appointment in a calendar of a colleague in the new view of outlook calendar online. When I switch back to the old view, i can do it, but in the new view, it acts like i do not have the rights to add an appointment in his calendar.

• Kemp, Kimberly B (Kim) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When viewing others' calendars, the details are not provided even when the other person's entries are not private and their calendar has no limitations for viewers. It also limits the ability to update calendar entries for a person who has provided delegation access to their calendar. I am forced to switch back to the previous view option in order to accomplish several tasks. There are also two many drop downs for accomplishing what you used to do in a quick check box when creating new or updating existing calendar entries -- setting time as "free" on all-day events, marking an entry "private", etc.

The capabilities in the new view option are just too limited to provide any real value at this point in time and in my opinion, is not ready for prime-time.

• Prasanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendars are pathetic. Unable to search for people and add their calendars. Worst

• Riley Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same - need to be able to open an edit another user's calendar! can't provide executive assistance without managing a calendar!!!

I can't find the option to open calendars in the new version. I have to revert to the classic view just to view someone's calendar in my org

Unable to edit someone else's calendar event even though they should have access to my account. Happening for all of our users, we need this

Before I could easily use "Open calendar" and start typing the name. Now there's no such an option. Even if I will type the full email address, the calendar does not appear. I had to come back to the previous version to add that calendar. Crazy....

Procedure:
    Open other calendar
    Close my calendar
    Create all-day event
    Close other calendar (thus opening my calendar)
    Result: all-day event ends up in my calendar
    This process works in old Outlook

Why have you taken away my ability to manage other people's calendars on the new outlook? I can only directly modify other calendars that I manage using the old outlook 365. The only good thing about the new outlook is that I can see a full work week side by side of the other calendars I manage. Otherwise, this is incredibly clunky for someone such as myself that must use outlook to manager others.

• Zack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't access other people's calendars easily so I can plan out when to schedule meetings.

• Lindsay Kolasa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to edit my bosses calendar like I use to be able to do...big negative. Also, need to be able to split calendars for the week

I can't post anything to my boss' calendar. It's very frustrating. I can't click in his/her calendar to enter items on their calendar.

• Kari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the old Outlook, you had the Add Calendar dropdown menu at the top with the From Directory option, which i use all the time. I can't find this at all in the new UI

I can not make appointments in the agenda of my colleague. I have permission for using his mail and agenda.
    Before I could make appointments in his name.

I often add another person's calendar (or a group's calendar) to view in parallel with my own view. Will this be similar in the new version?

• Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the old calendar I could book directly in another calendar (if I have the correct permission).
    But now even if I'm only showing the other calendar the booking still is only in my own calendar.
    This is a function that our users use a lot especially for lending of trailers or cars to customers.

• Michael Magyar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Details of calendar events of other people are not longer visible in new outlook (this is not a permissions issue - they are still visible in the old view). This is broken on phones as well

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base