OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

New Outlook is not user friendly.

When I attempt to search for an email by subject, Outlook would show an error message that said something like "Nothing available" but when I searched by email address I was able to locate the desired email.

Also I could not tell which emails had been check and which hadn't. I struggled to figure out how to download attached docs initially.

241 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • isaac obiri-yeboah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The outlook does not provide formats for letters, memmorandum etc it should provide such programmes to make it more user friendly

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it was more complicated and not user-friendly than the old version. if I need to choose between those two. I would go to the old one. I would prefer the old version because I think it is more user-friendly and make it easier to use.

• Mary King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basic email functions - REPLY, REPLY ALL, FORWARD, and the bcc/cc options should be available in clearly visible buttons. I am a young person and don't typically struggle with learning new interfaces and I was confused by how weirdly hard it was to just figure out how to simply reply to an email. Strongly dislike.

The new Outlook is very confusing and not very user friendly. I HATE that it is so blindingly white.

Just leave it alone now. The current iteration is perfectly usable. New one is still FAR too cluttered, and the useless new view setting that increases space around text is utterly laughable.

Don't turn this into a terrible interface like Google.

LEAVE IT ALONE. Change for changes sake AGAIN.

Why are you switching me back to the old version? The new version worked much better? It was much more user friendly.

• Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is spell and grammer check? Where do I change my signature? The older version was far more user friendly, where this version is not. These types of services should not include a scavenger hunt.

• Tanis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop ******* changing ****.
    The new Outlook is actually so dumb. It's not user friendly in the slightest. You'll click on an email and it will half-assed open up in the right side of the screen and you'll click on it and start reading your email and it STILL won't change that email to read. It's just so confusing and so silly.
    TIP: Fire the idiot who designed that.

• Weyden Mostyert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found it very plain and unfriendly to teh user, maybe incorporate a few colours between the folders and emails

not sure how you manage with every update to make it more and more user NOT FRIENDLY!! Hate every update.. Go back to the basics

The new outlook is not user friendly, it's slow and not easy like the old outlook, you also cannot find the reply function when answering an email you have to look for it, this should not be .

• pattsi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no new idea--just a comment that the new version is terrible, not user friendly, not intuitive, and I am tired of all of the ads. Fire the designer of the new version.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base