OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

why can I not open a new email message in a new window. No option for that and it is not good

open a new email message in a new window.

174 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lauren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all very much for taking time to try out the new Outlook on the web experience, as well as providing feedback.

I wanted to let everyone know that if you want to open a new email compose in a new window you can be doing the following.

1) Click the New Email button
2) In the right of the compose window there is an icon that you can click which will open in a new window.

Hope this helps!

David Los

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that I can open a message in a new window or start an email in a new window but opening a new window for anything seems to take a while. I also can't do anything in the primary window while the new window is loading.

• Hope Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a basic function it is difficult to understand why it was changed. I will not use the new version because of this change.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a new email in a new window so I can leave open and add to email as I go read other emails, also I can see email as I am inputting info into spreadsheets and have multiple emails open at once

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate having a viewing panel open. Can we fix this to mirror the same functionality as the desktop app?
    I want to be able to view my email on MY time. I don't want to share screen real estate with the message itself, it seriously impacts my ability to manage my email from a top level, and as a PM, I desperately need to.

• Unai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer to see the emails in a new window. This would allow to have several emails opened at same time and change from one to the other easely.

• Yehavi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I missing the following features from the old interface:
    1. Ability to create a new calnedar event from the mail page.
    2. Open a mail message in separate window by clicking Enter on it.

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really do like the new interface, much more inline with the Client version and the icons etc. are a nice touch.

One thing I definitely want/need is the ability to create a new message in a new window (rather than within the same window) automatically as you could do this in the previous version. I send a lot of emails and often write them concurrently, so for me this is a showstopper - I'll return to the new version when this is fixed or if I can find out how to do it!

Thanks!

And this behaviour is very unpredictable. Some times mails open in a new window, sometimes in the right pane.

• rod.wittmier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a button on new message editor to break it out from bottom panel into a browser popup. This allows for full viewing of final message in a taller scrollable window.

I don't like that new messages don't open up in a new window automatically and there is no option to change it.

This is a fundamental item and actually matches to what you would expect from Outlook (desktop) and other clients.
    Would've thought this type of error would have been picked up in Alpha testing let alone a preview version issued to the public!

Make it so you type text. That would be really useful for an email client.

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When opening an email in a separate window, this option doesn't seem to work as before. Please resolve. Thank you.

I can't get the "send and receive " shortcut on my heade rand I can't get a new page to automatically open when I compose a new email.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base