OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Search Mail and People option

I dont see "Search Mail and People" option in the new version. This was very useful in older version to find an e-mail or contacts.

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MyFairLady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the search mail and people function in the new version? I can't live without this function.

• GLP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently able to search for people and mail in the search box in Outlook which is really useful, can we have people added to the search?

• Jennette Love commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue. I use this for business and NEED to be able to search my e-mails! Removing this was one of the stupidest moves in history of the internet. People need to be able to find emails, who wouldve thought.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I would try to quickly search using the new field at the top of the screen, sometimes it would default to the filter button and then I'd have to click on search. It would also take longer with this function than the old version. Also, it seems like there are more steps to leave a search.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search Mail and People function is not available in the New Outlook, making searches harder I really need this function, for the volume of work is very high.

• Teresa Galvan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the Old Version to the left there you could search people or mail, in the New Version you can only search people. I need to be able to search for certain mail apart from just people.

Feedback and Knowledge Base