OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

No Shared mailboxes with new Outlook

I used share mailboxes a lot as a small business. With the new outlook, I was no longer able to switch to my shared mailboxes. I immediately switched back. This needs to be fixed.

238 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Edwards shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elijah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When trying to add a shared folder/shared email I get a "Your request can't be completed..." message. In the new Outlook I get a similar message when I try to "Open another mailbox". It's been very difficult to access the shared mailboxes. Very frustrating.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On EDGE

User A is loged on, User B has given user A editor permission to their Inbox.

Shared files have been added by right click on folders/user A - add shared folder.

With both versions of Outlook - user B name appears as a separate name at same level as original account.

On new version - click on on user B - "Can't complete request -
        you might not have permission to complete this action"

On old version - click on user B - can see Inbox and access e-mails.

On further testing - other shared mailboxes that are shared with DEFAULT as editor appear to work with the new version.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On EDGE

User A is loged on, User B has given user A editor permission to their Inbox.

Shared files have been added by right click on folders/user A - add shared folder.

With both versions of Outlook - user B name appears as a separate name at same level as original account.

On new version - click on on user B - "Can't complete request -
        you might not have permission to complete this action"

On old version - click on user B - can see Inbox and access e-mails.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to open attachments in shared or other user's mailboxes in the new Outlook layout is critical for us. We've needed to revert back a number of users to the old layout for us to continue operating.

Hi, please allow me to add my shared mailbox inbox to my favorites column. For that matter, my shared mailbox should please work just like a normal mailbox!!!

• Chapmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannnot find the add shared folder option any more, need to switch back to the old interface

Guys, please reinstate a way to quickly add a shared mailbox from the user's personal mailbox. With the full name gone from the layout there's no way to add a shared mailbox without opening it in a new tab. Being able to sort shared mailboxes would be great too. Thanks.

Shared mailbox is not working with new Outlook. all PDFs inside email sent to the shared mailbox cannot be viewed anymore. I am getting permission denied error message. It is working with the old UI

• Ben Masterton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the add shared folder interface or provide an easier way (maybe a searchable item in settings) to find/add shared folders.

• Israel Rivera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with the new look we are able to select who we are sending from when using a shared mailbox, but not from the old look.

but we are not able to open documents from the new look in shared mailbox, it says we don't have permission for this, but in the old look we are able to open the documents.

I know we can just switch back and forth to get around this but it gets really annoying when you constantly have to switch

• Chuks Umeevuruo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shared mailbox attachments do not open/save in the new Outlook on the Web version (they only open in preview mode) , instead it shows an error "Microsoft could not access the download directory". It kept giving different errors in different browsers and even in incognito/private mode until we switched back to the normal outlook mode

• Jack Maiher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just shared mailboxes. This is affecting regular user mailboxes when access Archived messages with attachments.
        Also - this should not be reported as a "suggestion" - everyone should be notifying Microsoft support (I know I am after I enter this comment).
        When we flip "The new Outlook" switch to off, attachments in Archived messages for user mailboxes opens up just fine.

Seems like you can add "shared folder" when right clicking the "Folders". which should be able to add shared mailboxes just fine.

Ya you're able to add "Shared Folder" while right clicking your name on the old one. but the new Outlook Online only seems to have the "open another mailbox" which opens another tab but why remove something that worked great. Especially when it's saved when you log in with "Shared Folder"

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the button is there, however, When you type in the name of the other mailbox and press enter it takes you back to your own mailbox.

• Thomas H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For now, just turning off the New Outlook returns this functionality. But yes, my company has been experiencing the same issue. Hopefully, a fix comes soon.

• Ian Halliday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This absolutely kills me. Having Shared Mailboxes sorted alphabetically with the Inbox listed in the middle is such a pain! Please resolve this!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base