OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

No Shared mailboxes with new Outlook

I used share mailboxes a lot as a small business. With the new outlook, I was no longer able to switch to my shared mailboxes. I immediately switched back. This needs to be fixed.

269 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Edwards shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Espen Venli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have some shared mailboxes. A few of them cant be opened (open other mailbox) in new mode, but can still be opened when switched back to old mode. Should be fixed before going live.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are four shared mailboxes on the left hand side, but only 3 show up under the shared top right. No way to add the fourth.

• Laurie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do i access a secondary/shared mailbox from here? especially to set away messages! I need to be able to access more than one mailbox if i am going to use the cloud based service.

Adding a shared mailbox to the view is possible in the "old" view by right clicking on the user name and select the option: Add Shared folder. In the new look the option is not available! Or it might not be as easily as before.
    Please fix that

• Joyce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to fine the shared email addresses that I use every day. Can not work without those. Need to fix asap

I thought this had been fixed however it has not and it is slowing down work progress. Please fix this asap.

The new interface doesn't show your Name in the list on the left so I can't right click and add additional shared mailboxes to my list.

• Britt Vangen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the old view, I can add a shared mailbok by right-clicking my account name and choose "Ad a shared folder". In the new view, the account name is missing. We atre using company, department and function shared mailboxes. If they are to be followed up, we need to see them in one view - not in another tab.

• Elijah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When trying to add a shared folder/shared email I get a "Your request can't be completed..." message. In the new Outlook I get a similar message when I try to "Open another mailbox". It's been very difficult to access the shared mailboxes. Very frustrating.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On EDGE

User A is loged on, User B has given user A editor permission to their Inbox.

Shared files have been added by right click on folders/user A - add shared folder.

With both versions of Outlook - user B name appears as a separate name at same level as original account.

On new version - click on on user B - "Can't complete request -
    you might not have permission to complete this action"

On old version - click on user B - can see Inbox and access e-mails.

On further testing - other shared mailboxes that are shared with DEFAULT as editor appear to work with the new version.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On EDGE

User A is loged on, User B has given user A editor permission to their Inbox.

Shared files have been added by right click on folders/user A - add shared folder.

With both versions of Outlook - user B name appears as a separate name at same level as original account.

On new version - click on on user B - "Can't complete request -
    you might not have permission to complete this action"

On old version - click on user B - can see Inbox and access e-mails.

Being able to open attachments in shared or other user's mailboxes in the new Outlook layout is critical for us. We've needed to revert back a number of users to the old layout for us to continue operating.

Hi, please allow me to add my shared mailbox inbox to my favorites column. For that matter, my shared mailbox should please work just like a normal mailbox!!!

• Chapmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannnot find the add shared folder option any more, need to switch back to the old interface

Guys, please reinstate a way to quickly add a shared mailbox from the user's personal mailbox. With the full name gone from the layout there's no way to add a shared mailbox without opening it in a new tab. Being able to sort shared mailboxes would be great too. Thanks.

Shared mailbox is not working with new Outlook. all PDFs inside email sent to the shared mailbox cannot be viewed anymore. I am getting permission denied error message. It is working with the old UI

• Ben Masterton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the add shared folder interface or provide an easier way (maybe a searchable item in settings) to find/add shared folders.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base