OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

deeper search option

Offer deeper search in new outlook.
Currently when I search in the new outlook it doesn't pull up all of the search results, only the more recent. I had to switch back to the old outlook to pull up older messages

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kristy L. Tigner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching for emails is almost impossible! It keeps coming back with a "Your request can't be completed right now" I have to keep switching back to the old Outlook to search for emails and then switch back to the new Outlook to continue with my email. Very time consuming and aggravating.

• Matt Silverman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, my work switched over from Google mail to Outlook 365, and it takes 5-10x longer to locate emails in Outlook than it did Google. The search DESPERATELY needs improvement.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search options topic used to be that the system gave you the possibility for choosing the mailadres with that searchterm and for choosing if you want it with attachement or not.Those two functions I missed in this new version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook 365 is only showing search e-mail results FROM THIS YEAR!!!! Believe it or not, I need to be able to find e-mails OLDER THAN 1 MONTH

Feedback and Knowledge Base