OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Cannot add New Event into a shared Calendar

In Calendar, you can view a calendar shared among people, but when you click +New Event, it will only allow you to add the Event into a calendar you own. This is not very efficient for a calendar that requires many Events from several different people.

224 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jacob Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't fixed. When you create a new event, shared calendars don't appear in the calendar selection dropdown. This needs to be fixed because it only works in the old UI or the desktop client.

• Mat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no drop down menu on the title bar on a calendar event as of this morning, this still seems to be an issue.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new calendar has lost the ability to add an event to a shared calendar. It will only add to your own calendar.

The title drop down does not work .. you should FIX ASAP if you wish user to migrate to the "new" client

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...where is this? There is no drop-down in the title var as suggested.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature for a calendar app for a real organization. How can this be missing still?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, I can't switch to the new interface until I can add events to shared calendars. It's part of my job, so the new interface is useless unless I constantly switch back and forth. This seems like core functionality that was overlooked in the update.

• Gary Parke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having trouble as well with not being able to add / edit an event in a shared calendar even though I can in the old outlook. I hope this is just a bug and not something they are taking away with the new version.

• Joey Spangenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot schedule events on shared calendars that I have access to. Switching to "old" Outlook allows me to schedule events on the same cale

• B Page commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several Calendars and could not enter an event in a shared calendar. I had to go back to the older version to do so.

• Kevin Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same issue. Like the new Outlook but switching back because of this issue. Another reason for me to dislike Microsoft products.

• ds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, when I switch back to the old version to add an event to a shared calendar, I no longer have permissions to add events to the shared calendar. I have to remove and re-add it every time.

• Mat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This bug is still happening. Shared calendar appointments do not appear in category colours, and you cannot create a new entry either

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got to the point where I am now switching back to the old interface just because of this. Have to schedule appointments in a shared calendar for colleagues and having all of them appear in my own calendar makes it unusable. Having the option to select the calendar for the new event was great, taking that away is a huge mistake.

• Eric D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came to the feedback site just because of this exact issue. Can't add events to the department calendar from the new view, only the old one works as far as I have found.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this comment. I have to switch back to the old calendar format every time I need to add an event to a shared calendar. This functionality really needs to be integrated into the new version or I feel it will render the calendar nearly useless for many.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new calendar has lost the ability to add an event to a shared calendar. It will only add to your own calendar. When I initially switched it was still on option to select the calendar when adding an event but it seems to have disappeared!

This is very important for our organisation as we utilise shared mailboxes and calendars on a regular basis.

Please add it back.

• David Ly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Annoying.
    Either users have to reshare the calendar again with editor rights or an admin has to set owner permission on the target calendar.

If an admin sets editor, it should work that way like old OWA and Outlook desktop.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base