OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Pinned messages do not show preview or sender

In the old outlook pinned messages would show the same things as a normal message, however now they just show the title. Now I have to open up each email to remind myself who it was from and what it was about...

297 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Miles Scheuering shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

69 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kerri S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate it. There is so little detail and no preview provided for any of the inbox items, even the pinned one! Please stick with the old Outlook layout, or at LEAST keep the old one as an option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pinned email are highlighted in blue and so are unread emails?? Unread email should be bold without the colour so there is a clear difference between these two set of emails.

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My entire workflow is dependent on calendar events and pinning them so I can always see/snooze/reschedule them and that feature is GONE from the redesign. Let me see my calendar events and reminders from my mail, stop hiding them in my Calendar only. A popup is NOT sufficient. Give me a window pane just like the new tasks pane but for EVENTS FROM MY CALENDAR or I will never want to use the redesign.

• Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You were able to once you pinned an email the cursor stayed in general email bar Now it throws you up to the top with the pinned email and I have to scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN - PLEASE - once an email is pinned keep cursor in general email stop once you pin it automatically brings your cursor to the top this wastes my time

• Zoë Abbott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the pinned emails in the new version, to easily find emails you're currently working on / awaiting feedback from.
    Other than that, the old version is much easier to use.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had pinned emails but on the new version I couldn't see what the content of my pinned emails was. I pinned them as a reminder and being able to see a preview without having to click on them made my experience easier, but that was not the case on the new email.

I am going to still try the new version though because I know Microsoft engineers and designers put a lot of time and effort into making a better product so I'll give it a few months.

I do like the pinned messages collapsed to access normal messages easier. I think a quick button to select to collapse or expand the pinned messages would be appropriate. Another addition could possibly be a quick click option to hide or show pinned messages if desired.

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be perfect to know what date the emails were received when I pin them to the top without having to click on them. It would help me when doing the reports I have to do for work.

Can you create an in house WhatsApp that will allow organisations to communicate smoothly without sending email.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll be the lone (for now) dissenter and state that I LIKE the smaller footprint taken up by the pinned messages. Guess it's the way one uses that list that determines one's preference.

I have a rule that pins invoices received to the top of the screen and flags them for complete. This did not appear correctly on new Outlook, rendering it unusable for me as this is key functionality.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the new look, But miss the message previews I used to have for my pinned messages in the list.

There needs to be a way to disable the preview messages (or whatever it is at the bottom), it is very annoying to have to click out of them.

The new outlook should be more faster, show more details about the mail, etc.

• Sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless I am missing something, I no longer see the senders' names in the inbox list for flagged conversations, which makes this product unusable for me. Showing the sender's image is not in any way a solution to this problem.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The pinned emails I keep for reference do not show a date or time in my mail box. I have to open the email to see the date and time. This is not a good practice because I keep a lot of emails pinned and know about what date emails were sent. With the way the mail box is set up I have to look through numerous ones before I find what I need.

Seconded! Losing sender's name for pinned messages is dumb. Those messages are pinned for a reason -- not because we need less info about them.

too many info in the preview of the message I would keep it lighter and not show the attachment

I don't like the fact that emails compress to where you only see the sender and the subject after you mark them as read and pin them to the top. I prefer that the first line of the email shows as well just like in other messages.

• Kiera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I looked through all the settings and couldn't find a way to change the setting.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base